Recruitment Manager at Deutsche Bank
Views:829 Applications:101 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Deutsche Bank - Associate - DCRO Corporate Services (6-9 yrs)
COO DCRO's responsibilities focus on the assessment and mitigation of the operational risks across COO with a primary focus on Corporate Services. Activities include risk & control assessments, vendor risk assessments, control awareness, monitoring and escalation, risk reviews and remediation oversight.
DCRO will validate Deutsche Bank control policy implementation and oversight of risk and control processes. This includes working in partnership with divisions to identify and assess risks and recommend mitigation plans when gaps are identified.
DCRO Corporate Services will be required to work closely with the other DCRO teams - for instance with the DCRO operationas and technology teams - and Audit Control to be fully integrated into the wider Risk & Control community including the 2LoD. The role will involve oversight of Risk & Control functions including cyclical activities such as self-assessment certifications, ad-hoc functions regarding control analysis, incident remediation and internal/external audit engagement. The role will require the development of close functional global working relationships across DB locations to ensure global consistency and appropriate control coverage.
This highly visible role supports the Corporate Services division globally, covering both Real Estate and Global Procurement. The role requires a proactive approach to coordinating appropriate risk and control activities, being a key point of contact for all control issues impacting Corporate Services. The candidate should be comfortable with strategic change and be capable of supporting a transition of DCRO's support of Corporate Services to the targeted end state, in this role, there is an opportunity to shape and mold the Risk & Control capability from its current state to the targeted future state.
This position will allow qualified individuals to utilize flexible working arrangements to help balance personal responsibilities with a career within the DCRO organization.
Position Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities :
- Design and implement Control risk assessments for deep dive reviews and ensure adherence to the Risk and Control Assessment framework: Work closely with the Control owners to deliver relevant and accurate risk assessments.
- Advise and assist in mitigating risks that arise from weakness, errors and external event demands (Audit / Regulatory), in partnership with the division.
- Instill a risk & control mindset across the organization, ensuring that a risk & control focus is prominent.
- Follow a disciplined approach to ensure that the team objectives are met and implemented by both Control and Corporate Service teams.
- Understand the impact of errors, timely escalation, remediation and lessons learned to facilitate reduction of operational losses or near misses. Manage incident reporting through the agreed frameworks and work extensively with the division to identify root causes and implement robust remediation plans. Ensure senior stakeholders are informed and that corrective measures are assigned, tracked and closed.
- Educate and provide relevant training to promote awareness and accountability.
- Create, asses and challenge relevant control indicators. Undertake intrusive analysis and, where required, drive through solutions.
- Proactively question and challenge the Embedded Risk Team and other divisional teams to identify areas of potential weakness.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the divisional teams and its management to build an effective partnership to reduce risks across the organization. To understand and implement standards, contribute to the practical design of controls and monitor their application.
- Active involvement in weekly / monthly risk & control meetings to ensure risks identified are appropriately escalated and proactively investigated to ensure timely resolution.
- Support the divisions in relation to any ad-hoc crisis action plans or responses.
- Monitor and understand the impact of any change or initiatives (policy, process, technology or regulatory) on the control environment.
- Understand the fundamentals of the COO minimum standard control guidelines (e.g., STARC). Provide guidance to line management to ensure required certifications are completed within specified deadlines, and that appropriate action plans are implemented.
Experience/ Exposure :
- Demonstrable adherence to the Bank's Values and Beliefs
- Strong Control / operational risk management experience with exposure to risk & control practices
- Inquisitive and probing approach to problem-solving and general assessment
- Embrace change and transformation to move towards the team's targeted future state.
- Risk and Control and/or Audit experience preferred
- Ability to remain objective and to independently raise areas of operational risk exposure, while maintaining an effective working relationship with the division and other areas within DB
- Experience handling projects independently i.e. strong Project Management skills/experience.
- Strong ability to identify process inefficiencies, suggest improvements and implement where feasible
- Good analytical skills, high attention to detail, solid organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience of reporting to senior management
- Good ability to interact with, collaborate, communicate and influence individuals at all levels
- Ability to be open minded, share information, transfer knowledge and expertise to team members
- Experience with automation and technology preferred
- Excellent presentation skills
- Effective problem solving/investigation / analytical skills and decision-making capability
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and always with professionalism
- Ability/experience operating in functional global teams.
Education/ Qualifications :
College / University degree or higher.