Recruitment Manager at Deutsche Bank
Views:3152 Applications:299 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Deutsche Bank - Assistant Vice President - Divisional Risk & Control (9-14 yrs)
Position Description :
- Operations Risk Assessment Team is a function within the COO Divisional Control Regulatory Office (DCRO) providing services to multiple COO units to drive forward-looking risks.
- This role is integral in supporting the first line management in identifying, assessing/measuring risks, identifying remediation actions and monitoring risks, by performing comprehensive risk assessments of operations functions according to established process and control standards.
- Risk Assessors will work within the Risk Assessments team and closely interact with the different control functions within COO DCRO (e.g. technology, regulatory oversight), business area DCOs and Risk Type Controllers (commonly known as the second line of defense).
Position Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities :
- Perform Risk and Control Assessments (R&CA), read across and deep dive assessments to drive forward-looking risks.
Develop risk-based assessment Book of Work (BoW) using various trigger events such as KRI out of tolerance, major incidents (internal/external), major change event and critical audit points for 1 product area may trigger assessment for reading across. Engage with other control functions (e.g. DCRO Advisory) and COO senior stakeholders to identify trigger events.
- Develop testing scripts in line with the approach agreed with the leads. And perform control assurance testing on key control themes (e.g. SOx for financial and management reporting risk) to test the operating effectiveness of key controls.
Outputs will lead to further assessments.
- Perform data analytics to identify read across opportunities and control the theme for testing.
- Deliver functional training sessions to develop/enhance skillset for assessments and assurance activities
- Execute assessments, deep dives and assurance testing in line with the agreed timeline, tollgate process, and documentation templates.
- Provide improvement feedback to COO Policy Team or Risk Type Controllers (commonly known as 2nd Line of Defence) to enrich STARC and similar minimum control standards
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and other DCRO control functions to agree a sound and practical remediation plan
Experience/ Exposure :
- Experience of working in the financial services industry. Strong functional / product knowledge of investment banking (Derivatives, GED, Equities and Debt), transaction banking and asset and wealth management products
- Experience in performing risk assessments and ability to identify critical & significant risks impacting business.
- Experience in audit in banks / big 4 is an added advantage.
- Good analytical skills, high attention to detail, solid organisational and interpersonal skills
- Inquisitive and probing approach to problem-solving and general assessment
- Effective problem solving, decision making capability and leadership qualities
- Familiarity with DB's R&CA framework and understanding of DB risk management principles
- Good connection with industry development in operational risk principles
- Ability to remain objective and to independently raise areas of operational risk exposure, while maintaining an effective working relationship with the line and other areas within DB including various control functions in DCRO and
Risk Type Controllers.
- Experience handling projects independently i.e. strong Project Management skills/experience
- Self-starter, excellent team player with ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and always with professionalism. Ability to be open minded, share information, transfer knowledge and expertise to team members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience of reporting to senior management
Good time management
- Financial Services experience (preferably Investment Banking)
- Team leadership experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications - Excel, Access essential, VB useful
You will be: (Skills/Competencies) :
- Degree educated with a proven track record in the requirements listed above
- A proven self-starter who shows attention to detail meets deadlines and is a team player