Search Consultant at Strategic Talent partner
Views:65 Applications:9 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Design Lead - Mechanical (8-12 yrs)
- Responsible for leading a mechanical design team and ensure the delivery of new designs from the concept stage to the development
- Design subsystems by reasoning from first principles and applying fundamental concepts of engineering
- Drive creative thinking, ensure customer needs are considered
- Creates engineering design concept based on industrial design inputs.
- Create CAD models, including part and assembly drawings, Bill of Materials (BOMs) to support manufacturing, testing and assembly
- Verify the functional components with a thorough Design Verification Plan, applying statistical techniques and data analysis.
- Collaborate with the development and validation team to ensure products meet the customer requirements.
- Ensures design files and information are kept up to date, and stored in accordance with departmental procedure
- Conduct technical reviews of requirements, specifications and designs.
- Provides technical and engineering support for day-to-day activities related to product development and process improvements
- Responsible for carrying out design change requests in a timely manner
- Works closely with development team and other cross functional team to ensure flawless implementation of new products
Skills and Experience :
- Master/bachelor's in Mechanical or Mechatronics engineering with 8 to 12 years of experience.
- Ability to technically lead a team with a Domain Expertise in Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to interpret industrial designs and convert them into engineering design. Good in converting surface models into engineered 3D parts.
- Analytical, creative, and intellectual thinker
- Ability to perform mechanical design calculations & verify designs.
- Familiarity with milestone based NPD process
- Good Knowledge of Manufacturing processes like Sheet Metal & Fabrication / Plastic / Machining, plating, and painting while designing.
- Good knowledge, experience and awareness of materials used in the consumer goods industry would be added advantage.
- Excellent command on, skills like Reliability, DFSS (Design for Six Sigma), Risk Analysis, DFMEA, DFM, DFA, DFS, GD & T, Tolerance Stack up Analysis, etc.
- Ability to communicate on different levels with good presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of CAD and Simulation Tools like Creo / SolidWorks / Windchill / Ansys Classic / Ansys Workbench
- Prior experience in working with water or air purification products would be an added advantage.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.