Managing Partner/Founder at Workoid Consultants
Views:3543 Applications:87 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Deputy Manager/Manager - Taxation - Insurance - CA (3-6 yrs)
We are looking for DM/ Manager Taxation for a leading Insurance company based at Gurgaon.
Job Location : Corporate HQ, Gurgaon
Education : CA
Grade : DM/ Manager depending on Candidate experience
CTC : Best in Industry
Department : Finance
Function : Taxation
Reporting to : VP - Finance
Exp : 3+ yrs post Qual Exp in Taxation function in Life Insurance/ Financial services/MNC- s/ Big-5 consulting Firms
Working Timings : 9 am onwards, 5 days working
Key Skills : Good knowledge on Direct and Indirect Taxation specifically wrt GST, service tax and Income Tax and FATCA
Job Role :
Responsible for managing Taxation - Direct and Indirect.
This position's detailed responsibilities are listed below :
1. Manage Indirect taxation particularly Goods and Service Tax matters, Professional tax, FATCA, Transfer Pricing etc.
2. Manage Direct Taxation- Corporate Tax
3. Responsible for accurate calculations of tax liability
4. Reconciliation of tax liability vs books of accounts and ensure closure of gaps, if any
5. Ensure timely deposition of tax to Government authorities
6. Submission of statutory Return required under Direct and Indirect Tax laws
7. To be updated on new rules and regulations and ensure process changes to accommodate such changes
8. Co-ordinations with Statutory Auditors and ensure timely closure of audit requirement and closure
9. Responsible for smooth closure of Regulatory and Internal Audit without any major observations.
10. Automation of tax functions : Manage system developments with respect to tax changes, Submission of Business requirements to IT Team, conduct UAT and ensure timely go live
11. To work closely with tax consultants and will be responsible for the preparation and review of tax provisions, preparation of computations for submission to the statutory authorities
12. Researches, prepares, and direct/indirect tax studies for internal and external sources.
13. Advises management of the impact of new laws, decisions, regulations and rulings, proposed tax legislation, and tax exemption issues especially in commercial areas
14. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
MEASURES OF SUCCESS :
- Correct and timely deposition of Tax and Tax Returns
- Manage service tax, GST and income tax litigations without any significant adverse observations
- Implementation on new laws like GST/FATCA etc.
- Accuracy and meeting timelines and due dates
- Supervisor Feedback
- Feedback from Internal and External Customers
Knowledge and skills required :
- Ability to analyze and interpret the practical application of a range of tax laws, regulations, and policies pertaining to financial services companies especially insurance; range should include Service tax, and Income Tax, Transfer pricing etc
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends and developments in tax legislation, regulations, and rulings.
- Communication Skills
- Proficiency on working in MS - Office (High on Excel & Power Point)
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment, employee development and performance management skills
If the above role excites you, Kindly share your updated Photo Word (Doc) resume with the below mentioned details :
- Current Residence Location :
- Open to relocate, if yes, pls share reason :
- CA Qualification Year :
- Industries worked in :
- Post Qualification Exp :
- Are you handling Taxation ( Direct & Indirect) in your current role :
- Insurance Industry Exp if any :
- Geography you are currently handling :
- Current Company :
- Current Designation ( with yrs) :
- Reporting to :
- Current CTC (Fixed + Variable) :
- Expected CTC :
- DOB & Age :
- Official Notice Period :
- Earliest Joining you can manage ( Leaves, Buyout option etc) :
- Gaps in Career / education If any :
Please feel free to connect for any further clarifications.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.