Deputy Manager - Internal Audit - Chemical Manufacturer - CIA/DISA (5-12 yrs)
Industry - Chemicals / Petrochemical / Plastic / Rubber
Category - Finance
Skills - Internal audit; risk; compliances; corporate audit
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description -
1. Perform audits in accordance with Corporate Audit rules and guidelines
2. Diligently assess the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls in daily processes as well as compliance with national laws and corporate guidelines during audits
3. Be regional subject matter expert for specific audit topic / risk aspect, subject to area of interest / expertise
Our client is a Fortune 1000 European chemical manufacturer, based out of Mumbai
- Develop the audit plan and define its scope, objective and duration.
- Inform relevant persons and then secure appropriate authorization if necessary.
- To undertake pre-field work with required background research and analysis including download & analysis of the correct data (where applicable requesting support with SDA, Structured Data Analysis), scheduling interviews with the relevant persons and seeking the relevant guidelines, policies / procedures required for the audit scope / objectives.
- Assess if internal controls in daily processes and systems are effective and efficient so that they achieve their goals
- Assess that daily processes comply with relevant group guidelines and national regulations
- Provide constructive and innovative recommendation
- Conduct ad hoc projects and reviews
- Properly document audit findings and maintain quality work papers for reference
- Keep relevant persons informed of the audit status
- Prepare a report of audit findings and review all audit points with relevant persons prior to final wrap-up
- Share and advise Lead auditor and/or Head of Corporate Audit Asia Pacific hub on issues observed during fieldwork for discussion and on-the-job training
- Conduct wrap up meetings and inform management of audit findings
- Express clear opinions on the state of internal controls to relevant levels of management
- Prepare reports for review and coordinate report distribution with Head of Corporate Audit (Asia) and submit to COA for finalization.
- Ensure follow-up and concluding the audit program: To ensure proactive follow-up on recommendations before the due date and closing out the audit in Auto-audit.
Mandatory criteria: Professional certification - CIA (at least part 2) and Chartered Accountant
Experience: 5-10 years, preferably in a manufacturing set up. SAP experience would be an added advantage
Chance to look after global audit
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Udit Bhojani on +91 (0) 22 4236 3318.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.