Deputy General Manager - Solution Design - Logistics Firm (12-18 yrs)
Industry - Logistics / SCM / Freight / Shipping
Category - Operations
Skills - Solution Design, warehouse design, network design, supply chain
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description :
- Looking to hire a Deputy General Manager reporting to the Head of Solution Design to steer the Solution Design business, based out of Mumbai.
Client Details :
Our client is a leading integrated supply chain and mobility solutions provider in India with a strong presence across the country and across diverse industries such as Engineering, Consumer Goods, Pharmaceuticals, E-commerce etc. They are looking to hire a Deputy General Manager to steer the Solution Design business, based out of Mumbai.
Reporting to the Head of Solution Design, you will be responsible for :
- Developing appropriate proprietary tools to support the solution design process where required, e.g. cost models, productivity tools, warehouse sizing, etc.
- Implementing in-depth knowledge of supply chain and related functionalities for warehouse designing and collaborating with the Business Development team with the aim to convert potential opportunities
- Liaising with customers and business development staff to understand customer supply chain requirements
- Performing data mining and data analysis extensively
- Providing analysis and design support in the pursuit of new business, operational implementations and re-engineering initiatives
- Reviewing & validating the solution & commercials developed by the Solutions team and Ensuring all solutions are properly scheduled and documented
- Mentoring the individual solution design team members with regards to solution design skills and encouraging team members for value addition and innovation
- Monitoring performance of employees, identifying training needs, developing and providing training to subordinates and making action plans & debriefing of actions
- Ideally you are an Engineer (advanced degrees are an advantage) with at least 12 years of experience. You come from a strong solutions design background with hands-on experience of managing large warehouses. You have previously worked in the Logistics or Retail or E-commerce or FMCG industry and are open to travelling. You possess excellent management and communication skills. You have an excellent work history and are open to new challenges.
Job Offer :
- Good career trajectory
- Great remuneration
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Preeta Deon +91 22 4236 3316.
For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.