Deputy General Manager/Senior Manager - Safety Auditor - Business Excellence - Chemicals Business (10-15 yrs)
- Responsible for ensuring that a comprehensive program of audit work is carried out regularly throughout the business to find various risks and its mitigation
- The purpose of this role is to provide assurance through risk assessment audits that controls and procedures are operated in accordance with best safety practices across the business with the appropriate regulations.
- Determines, plans, conducts and Undertake audits against management system standards and other schemes as part of HSE audit teams. Highlighting immediately any significant issues/risks to the Management
- Present audit findings and recommendations to senior management and where appropriate actively participate in developing improvement action plans to ensure that audit outcomes add value and lead to improvement and its effectiveness in health & safety management.
- Identifies improvements in HSE Management on policies, programs, and activities of the Internal Audit and standards
- Develop and execute comprehensive audit programs and checklists; plans, conducts and monitors audit work schedules; develops and recommends implementation of forms, systems, and procedures to carry out responsibilities and accomplish goals in HSSE
- This role will deal with the data analysis, presentation of statistics and oversee the implementation of any accompanying IT systems required.
- During the audit undertake dynamic risk assessments to identify and evaluate gaps, taking into consideration cost factors, the findings of previous audit reports and any requirements of internal policy and external legislation.
- Research & Adviser the HSE Managers where findings and recommendations have policy implications that require decisions from APEX Committee. This will act as a catalyst for policy changes where the audit identifies need to change the procedures / policy
- Liaise with and monitor the results of audits and inspections undertaken by other authorities such as NSC, PCB, HSE, ISO 14000, ISO 45000 and Fire & Rescue Services etc.
- Should be familiar with international Safety regulations in the various regions of Asia Pacific, Middle East, Europe, Brazil, USA and JISHA
- Should be a certified lead auditor in OSHAS / ISO 45001
- Should be familiar with all IS standards in OSH and Environment
- Ability to build best safety practices and train the teams
B.Tech in Chemical / Mechanical or MSc with Dip. in Safety