Deputy General Manager - Secondary Logistics - FMCG (15-20 yrs)
Deputy General Manager - Logistics (Secondary)
Location: HO, Mumbai
Reporting- VP Supply Chain
Manage Secondary Logistics operations across the country on a real-time basis. Generate and provide inputs for long-term infrastructure and operations execution.
The ideal candidate should have corporate experience in terms of providing valuable inputs in decision-making. Should have handled a pan India profile or at least a regional profile in Planning and forecasting. Excel knowledge is essential. Should have been part of commercial negotiations and finalization in the current company (transporters/Vendors)
1) Managing the pan India Secondary Distribution network of Parle Agro, including 57 CFA locations and Depots with a team of Regional Logistics resources.
2) Providing a Systems and Process framework for Secondary Distribution operations in Coordination with customer departments.
3) Providing critical analysis and workings to support management decision making including budgeting, production planning, Plant capacity utilization, and augmentation.
4) Provide qualified inputs for the proper creation and implementation of various SoPs regarding day-to-day operations to be carried out at the Depots and CFA.
5) Providing design and implementation support for Information systems to be in line with such SoPs.
6) Develop and implement various cost-saving initiatives such as warehouse consolidation, direct dispatch, etc. to achieve optimal service cost; which, in turn, would reduce costs without impacting service timelines and service levels.
7) Provide Secondary Cost MIS, variance analysis, and focus areas for cost reduction.
8) Provide Secondary CFA performance metric measurement and appraisals with the regular review needed.
9) Monitoring and ensuring Quality and stock audits at the CFA/Depots and closure of NCs through follow-up.
10) Administrating the Cost requests from CFA /Depots along with qualified inputs and reasoning for management approval.
11) Monitoring timely statutory compliances of GST (IRN/ EWB), FSSAI, and other laws.
12) Long horizon planning support for Management through simulations of expected Sales (based on existing and expected trends).
13) Using these long-term forecasts, to provide decisions on Capacity augmentation and plant location decisions.
14) Using such long-term forecasts to create plant-wise yearly dockets for use by Purchase/ Preform departments for production and procurement planning; including mid-term corrections and review of original plans.
15) Creating yearly plant-wise production plans/ dispatch plans for budgeting purposes. Warehouse space engagement plans need to be developed in advance for season-time engagement and regularly monitored.
Long term Demand planning and Operations management:
1. Using various forecast techniques to generate and keep current and Expected demand plan for at least 2-3 years with qualified inputs from various stakeholders.
2. Prepare and keep current and expected Production plan for at least next 24 months with inputs from Production stakeholders with respect to Capacities. Exchange appropriate inputs from and with the Production team regarding any augmentation or shortfall in Production capacities.
3. Prepare and run models and simulations to account for any changes and impact thereof.
Network Analysis and Cost working for optimization:
1. To do a complete Network Analysis of existing and required the best fit Depot locations to achieve Organizational Objectives of Sales growth at optimal costs.
2. Provide cost based/capacity-based inputs for deciding the sourcing matrix from the factory to depots to develop a Least Cost matrix for Primary & Secondary distribution with optimal Capacity utilization.
3. Prepare and keep current the Cost per case for the secondary operations.
Suggest and drive cost-saving initiatives with proper workings for Management Decision making.
4. Maintain & submit Various MIS reports for Top Management review.
Logistics and Operations Management:
1. Responsible for Cost tracking (Budget Vs. Actual, etc) and providing inputs for corrective actions.
2. Negotiating the freights with the Transport contractors based on the company guidelines
3. Negotiating with the CFA's for Fixed and Variable Costs with qualified market inputs.
4. Process Design and review for maximizing working efficiency in the Secondary Circuit.
5. Supporting all IT initiatives for Business Intelligence implementation.
6. Analyze and Predict warehouse space availability at both, Factories & CFA's In keeping with Season & Non-Season Variations.
Qualifications: PG Qualification in Supply Chain / Operations (preferred)
Experience: 15-20 Yrs
Knowledge: All procedures involved in the Secondary Logistics of FMCG Sales operations.
- Well-versed in SAP & various MS Excel tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively coordinate with a large group of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Having keen analytical & Problem-Solving skills
- Goal Orientation
- System and Process oriented
- Ability to handle pressure and deadlines
- High level of integrity and honesty