Assistant Manager at ABC Consultants
Views:2719 Applications:146 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:56
Deputy General Manager - Plant Communications - Manufacturing (14-24 yrs)
JD Plant Communications
The position will be responsible for managing internal communications, external communications, stakeholder communications, publications, and reputation management for the plant in India. He / She will work closely with Alliance communications teams to formulate the strategy and plan. The key deliverable will be:
1) Create and implement strategic communication plan for the plant
2) Support external communication related to the plant
3) Support employee engagement and internal communication activities
4) Manage plant CSR in coordination with teams
5) Manage emergency communication / management of crisis
Reporting lines :
- Reporting to the Head Communications,
- Dotted line reporting to the Plant MD and Plant Head HR
- He / She will be an individual contributor
Key accountability :
- Work with the GM to develop strong integrated communications programs
- Create and Issue all plant-wide communications including AEMs, MD messages, Newsletters, brand promotions and activation
- Develop and lead on the delivery of effective communications plans and outputs for designated projects/activities in line with the over-arching Corporate Communications Strategy.
- Lead the delivery of plant announcements, developing messaging, drafting briefing notes, statements
- Develop and maintain good working relations with other key stakeholders, including industry bodies, councils, NGOs and partner organizations.
- Develop and maintain good working relations with the local media
- Create plant-related communication assets - training and safety videos, collaterals, image banks
- Alliance production way promotion support
- Support plant related external events like - Model SOP events, New model announcement events, VIP visits and Plant tours and school visits
- Local stakeholder communications (local and regional authorities, business organisations etc)
Candidate Profile :
- Experience in a communications role, preferably for a major global manufacturing company. Should preferably have plant communications experience
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; must be able to write under pressure.
- Ability to synthesize complex information; understand the needs and interests of target audiences; define and articulate messages; generate effective and compelling content for a variety of vehicles (news releases, articles, Q&A documents); create and edit copy; develop and deliver effective presentations.
- Significant experience in formulating and managing communications strategies/plans within a complex organization.
- Exposure to cross-cultural and cross-functional work atmosphere is a plus
Behavioral Competencies :
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders and ability to manage multiple projects and demands at a time.
- Must have the ability to think creatively and be able to provide ideas and inspiration in communication activities
Recommended background :
Graduate degree in Journalism, Public Relations, MBA, or Communications.
Location of work will be in Oragadam Plant, Chennai.