Director at Xperia Executive Search LLP
Views:78 Applications:17 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Deputy General Manager/General Manager - Research & Development - Building Material Industry (10-20 yrs)
Deputy General Manager/General Manager - Research & Development - Building Material Industry
Role : Research & Development
Position : DGM / GM R&D
Reports To : R&D Head
Must : Exposure in building material industry
Experience Required : Should have had 10 to 18 years of experience in working in the R&D department at the corporate level.
Must Haves :
Required Qualification : Ph.D in Chemistry. Good exposure to building materials industry and good knowledge of the inorganic raw materials.
- Should have experience in filing patents
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Should be a good team player
- Strong in Values and ethics
Job Description :
- New Product Development : Should be responsible to generate and recommend new ideas - existing product range or new product in the Building material industry.
- Existing Product range : Screening of the Lab scale experiment, Commercial Viability and Pilot Plant trials and plant trials.
- New product : Evaluation of new product, Commercial viability - cost effectiveness, Proto type development and provide technical inputs & support to the team from concept stage to product development cycle.
- Cost reduction initiatives : Identification of substitute raw materials and generation of new ideas in the manufacturing process.
- Concept to Commercialization : Application of developed products, customer validation; scale up at pilot and production level.
Preparation for drafting and filling of patents for Intellectual property Protection and be a custodian of end to end patenting process.
Documentation : Make the required reports for trials and initiatives taken. Ensure all the work undertaken by the various leads of R&D are presented to the top management during reviews.
Team management ability to ensure proper utilization of resource available. As a leader give adequate opportunity to employees to ensure their development of their niche skills.