consultant at Xpert Conexions
Views:817 Applications:191 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:86
Deputy General Manager - Financial Consolidation - Telecom (8-16 yrs)
Job Description :-
1. Owns the process of timely and accurate financial reporting for the Group in accordance with IFRS and related financial reporting framework applicable to a FTSE 100 UK premium listed group on a quarterly and annual basis.
2. Responsible for consolidation of 80+ subsidiaries spread across 18 countries with different functional currencies and multilayered ownership structure.
3. Owns accounting policies for the group to ensure consistency across the group's subsidiaries.
4. Leads the consolidation vertical, managing a team of 3 - 4-member team of qualified chartered accountants.
5. Cohesively works with business and other finance functions to ensure that there are no hurdles or delays in financial reporting.
6. Owns and ensures smooth functioning of consolidation tool, chart of accounts and ERP.
7. Ensures timely closure on monthly accounts for management and group reporting to parent group.
8. Maintain a balance between business requirements and control aspects from audit point of view.
Years of experience: 8+ years (experience in telecom industry is preferred)
- Function Competencies: - Strong knowledge and practical experience in consolidation (preferably, multi-currency, multi-lingual groups)
- Excellent understanding of consolidated financial statements including disclosure requirements under IFRS
- Strong Analytical abilities - Sound working knowledge of IFRS
- Practical experience of working on consolidation tools and ERP
- Preferred Attribute - Team leadership - Collaboration and teamwork - Result oriented - Strong communication
- Technical Knowledge: - CA - Advanced MS Office - ERP & consolidation tool