Research Associate at Xpert Conexions
Views:2921 Applications:470 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Deputy General Manager - Business HR - IT/FMCG/BPO (10-18 yrs)
As a Business HR Lead drive execution of HR strategies, plans, policies and processes related to recruitment, employee relations, learning & development and talent management within a business unit / region; drive operational efficiencies related to productivity, people policies & practices, employee engagement and regional HR issues to improve business outcome. Work to institutionalize processes outlined by policies and drive ownership within employee groups.
- Drive Skill &Capability Development
- Improve Managerial Effectiveness agenda for the organization
- Support the achievement long-term strategy around skill & talent transformation
- Lead & mentor a team of BHR Partners to effectively deliver against the evolving business needs
Education:Graduates with Post-Graduate Degree/Diploma in HR specialization (Full-time 2 year program)preferred for the role
Experience: 10-12 years post qualification experience, in a HR Generalist/customer facing role.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY (Key Activities)
1. Planning & Budgeting
- Prepare HR key imperatives for the year covering individual plans for relevant HR processes basis historical data, business requirements and priorities; Provide inputs on policy changes required within business line to Corporate HR
- Review and study metrics received on various factors like employee engagement, attrition, headcounts, vendor costs, investments required in employees etc
- Review and provide inputs for the corporate budget and HR budget based on the above metrics, key business imperatives and market realities; Track and review the scores across various metrics; Review the finalization of budget and seek approvals; Track adherence to budget and take corrective actions in case of deviations
2. Talent Acquisition
- Participate in forecasting of manpower requirements for the year and per quarter based on business needs, projected attrition and expected location movements
- Liaise with business to ensure that manpower is in line with pyramid structure; Provide inputs into recruitment plan development including fresher to lateral hire mix, channels to be used etc.; Interview candidates for positions and assess candidate fitment into role and organization; Review the weekly reports and seek inputs in case of major abnormalities; Resolve recruitment related escalated issues
3. Compensation & Benefits
- Provide inputs to the Corporate Compensation team to draft compensation and benefits strategy & budget; Recommend changes to the strategy keeping in mind business and market conditions
- Drive the development & execution of the variable pay plan in the BU; Drive execution of corporate norms; Supervise team in meeting all compliance requirements; Monitor corrective actions on compliance as required
4. Performance Management
Institutionalize PMS framework within business lines and monitor completion; Trouble shoot on normalization; Monitor to ensure that promotions are in line with defined policies; Liaise with segment heads to drive closure; Get involved in normalization if it not in line with corporate guidelines
5. Managerial Capability & Skill Transformation
Create &Drive implementation of corporate training programs; Guide the team to liaise with the Corporate L&D team to determine training needs. Conceptualize and executecustom training programs in line with business requirements.
a. Work with the HR, TM and L&D Leadership to create the Leadership Development plan in line with the organization's vision and execute it.
b. In partnership with design vertical and learning partners, design &/or execute high quality learning interventions to address new / specific development needs of the Managers - both groups & individuals
c. Towards enrichment of the role, the role responsibility may include anchoring of key initiatives like Employee Induction, facilitate managerial / Behavioral Skills Workshops (after internal certifications)
6. Employee Engagement / Productivity Measurement
Track effectiveness of initiatives undertaken. Track and monitor performance/ productivity measures of employees; Plan and drive implementation of initiatives based on scores; Track effectiveness of initiatives undertaken
7. Talent Management
- Develop and execute an effective talent management plan in line with key imperatives & long-term strategy of the business that caters to present and future requirements of talent in the business. Advise leaders and managers on critical talent management and retention to continuously enhance the organization profile.
- Collaborate with Managers to create and offer career opportunities that supports meritocracy & organization design principles of the organization.
8. Team Development
- Participate in the recruitment and selection process; conduct goal setting and performance review for the team; drive team development, engagement and reward initiatives; coach and mentor team members as required and ensure resolution of any people