Senior Consultant at Adecco
Views:598 Applications:73 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Deputy General Manager - Business Development - Pharma Intermediates (15-22 yrs)
- The incumbent will report to Sr VP-BD, and will closely work with R&D, Projects, Commercial and Operations team to identify growth opportunities in existing business as well as new products/Business opportunities
- Developing new customers in Pharma industry by working on solutions for their needs of New Products and Custom Synthesis/ Contract Manufacturing for Specialty Chemicals globally, with key focus on domestic and export Pharmaceutical intermediates market.
- To be the Key Account for building strong and long relationship with existing customers and new accounts of Pharma intermediate business.
- Deciding on contract pricing with clients on annually/quarterly/monthly basis based on market/raw material linked price.
- Conducting competitor analysis (domestic & global) by keeping abreast of market trends & competitor moves to achieve market share metrics; analyzing demand-supply balance of portfolio products
- Identification, evaluation, development and commercialization of new business opportunities with end application primarily focused on Pharma intermediates along with Agro, Industrial and other segments.
- Working with prospective clients, generating business from existing accounts as well as from new prospects and achieving profitability and increasing sales growth
- Conceptualizing & implementing competitive strategies to achieve revenue & profitability targets of BD team
- Contributing to BD by supporting planning & execution team in new initiatives & operations
- Collaborating with team for annual budgeting process and maximizing business margins by minimizing logistic/operational cost
- Achieve budgeted sales and profitability.
- Experience in custom manufacturing/CRAMS business, Management degree in sales and marketing, M Sc (Organic Chemistry)
- About 15 years in Business Development/Sales Marketing of specialty chemicals. Should possess a good understanding of sales to domestic pharma companies.
- Strategic knowledge about the target markets with strong bias for delivering results.
- Technical/regulatory knowledge of current status and new developments in Specialty chemical and Pharma intermediates segment.
- Should have the capability to conceive and introduce new products, bring new business opportunities and the commercial acumen to grow the business.
- Excellent data management, business analysis, communication and negotiation skills.
- Has the ability to understand various markets and provide solutions for strategic initiatives.