Talent Acquisition at Third Sector Partners
Views:1084 Applications:235 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:46
Deputy Director - Programs - NGO (15-20 yrs)
Deputy Director Programs
Job Title: DEPUTY DIRECTOR, PROGRAMS
Reporting to: DIRECTOR, VISION ACCESS PROGRAMS
Location: DELHI NCR (NOIDA), INDIA
- VisionSpring is the social enterprise accelerating the use of eyeglasses in emerging and frontier markets. They are creating access to eyeglasses for low-income people. Clear vision creates opportunities for increased learning, work, safety, civic participation, and quality of life.
- As a social organisation, social change motivates them first. Their focus is on advancing the mission objectives - to increase functioning, productivity, and income earning potential for low - income people by correcting impaired vision with eyeglasses.
- Core Belief: Believe in the wonder of clear vision for everyone
- Mission: To increase lifelong earning, learning, safety, and well-being through eyeglasses for people vulnerable to poverty
- Goal: Everyone who needs eyeglasses will have them by 2050.
- For more details on VisionSpring, please refer to the website https://visionspring.org/
Reason for the hire:
- VisionSpring is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic, and self-driven candidate who would like to have a challenging and meaningful career path in programs, implementation, operations, and social sector.
- The Deputy Director of Vision Access Programs will lead to the rapid growth of initiatives that bring vision screening and eyeglasses to millions of low-income adults and children in India. Programs are a key focus area at our organisation and require a proactive and dynamic approach.
- S/he will establish and implement expansion strategies for See to Earn (Livelihood), See to Learn (Education), and see to be Safe (Road Safety) initiatives that are supported by leading donors/funders and organizations from India and around the world.
- S/he will develop frameworks for programs, guide seamless execution of evidence-based programs, ensure lean operations, and cultivate strategic collaborations with government agencies and peer NGOs.
- The candidate should have in-depth subject matter knowledge, expertise, and experience. Timely, high-impact, and quality delivery of goals at scale would be essential and will be a key performance measurement criterion.
- S/he will directly manage a team of experienced program, program success, implementation, and operations lead and will be responsible for a large implementation and operations team through them. The Deputy Director serves as a member of the Vision Access Programs leadership team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Team Management and Stakeholder Engagement:
- Lead a competent team spread across India and mentor, guide, and drive them to achieve their goals.
- Roll up your sleeves and travel extensively to review programs.
- Monitor the team and ensure they are working and reporting diligently.
- Train, develop, and review current team members and hire new team members, as and when required.
- Review and manage program staffing and field deployment.
- Ensure safe, hygienic, and comfortable work environment all team members, especially the field team.
- Ensure all HR policies and protocols are strictly implemented.
- Manage engagement and communication with all internal and external program stakeholders.
- Make periodic visits to donors/funders and partners.
Strategic Planning, Financial Budgeting, and Compliance:
- Assist to prepare program strategy based on the theory of change in collaboration with the team and make a timebound roadmap to implement the same.
- Be able to develop annual plans and budgets for programs and track progress against the same.
- Review and manage program budgets and expenses on a regular basis.
- Reduce cost of operations through proper planning and forecasting and effective implementation.
- Manage fund utilization as per budgets.
- Ensure 100% compliance with all laws of the land and with organizational policies.
Program Integrity, Monitoring, and Reporting:
- Be responsible for program design, delivery, and reporting framework.
- Develop technical protocols to enable access to clear vision through eyeglasses for earners and learners.
- Ensure all quality parameters are met.
- Track and manage program KPIs and metrics.
- Oversee the development and implementation of SOPs, policies, IEC material, and collateral.
- Ensure timely and extensive program and financial reporting within the organisation and to donors/funders and partners.
- Always ensure high SSV scores and program success.
Operations and Data Management:
- Maintain and analyze data to generate insights and increase user satisfaction.
- Flawlessly manage operations to ensure continuity, quality, and efficiency.
- Use date to maintain dashboards and generate strategic insights.
- Ensure all inventory, equipment, consumables, and IEC material and collateral are always available at all outreach and program sites and at the warehouse.
- Ensure timely production and delivery of prescription (Rx) glasses
COMPETENCIES & SOFT SKILLS:
- Exhibit the drive to build and grow the organisation and create meaningful social impact based on the theory of change.
- A habit of achieving goals fills the incumbent with a sense of drive and satisfaction. A self-motivated and strategic individual.
- Ability to analyze data, develop repeatable processes that underpin scale, cultivate a memorable user experience, and improve cost-effectiveness.
- The incumbent should be able to forecast, closely monitor progress against targets, course correct, and break out into song and dance when your team exceeds goals.
- An experienced team leader who can get the best out of the team by motivating them, building their skills, and giving them goal clarity.
- A keen learner and who thrives in building systems and acquiring new skills. Capacity to effectively deal with change and master things
- Being a people's person and loves travelling
- An individual who feels equally comfortable sitting in a board room as in a grassroot community or rural village
- Master's degree in management with expertise in operations. An engineering degree would be a plus.
- At least 15 years of experience in program management and/or operations.
- Relevant social and/or health sector experience is preferred.
- Exceptional team and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Hindi, including strong presentation and proposal writing skills.
Third Sector Partners is a pioneering cause-connected executive search firm and has been retained for this position. Interested candidates can send in their CVs along with three references and a cover note. The last date to send in your application is August 24th, 2023.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.