Department Head - Special Education Needs/Additional Learning Support - International School (7-13 yrs)
- Looking for a Head of Department for ALS. A strong understanding of subject knowledge and sound technical knowledge to understand the Special needs programme is a must with a Master's in Special Education needs .
- Experience of 7+yrs as HOD ALS in International School
JOB DESCRIPTION :
- A Head of Department is responsible in his department area to the School Director and the School Principals, &Program Coordinator.
- The Principals need to work with the HODs to define the scope and sequence of each subject area to maintain continuity and parity and review this each year.
- The PYP Coordinator will meet with the HODs as per his/her needs by making an appointment for herself/himself or/and the concerned teachers.
- The MYP & DP Program Coordinators interact with each HOD during department meetings &, if need be, by setting up one-on-one meetings with the HODs to ensure & facilitate the optimal delivery of the curriculum & implementation of the scope and sequence plan according to the needs of the examining board of that particular program.
- The meeting times of all departments are blocked on the schedules of Middle and Senior School Principals; & they are not available for any other work during this time.
- The HOD will carry out the following duties over and above her/his work as a Teacher.
Curriculum Management :
- To take a lead role in the managing and teaching of the curriculum in her/his department area across the school as per schedule given below.
- To evaluate and review the curriculum design in keeping with Examining Board requirements, school requirements and changing international school practices.
- To develop, implement and monitor subject policies and procedures.
- To monitor teaching strategies and assessment methods in the department.
- To support and train new members of the department.
- To appraise teacher performance in keeping with the school's policies.
- To ensure that teachers receive appropriate in-service training
Curriculum Coordination :
- To hold regular department meetings aimed at coordinating the curriculum and establishing good practices.
- To liaise with members on student progress
- To meet with and report to/discuss with the School Director, Principals & Program Coordinators the progress of the curriculum.
- To work with their team to create assessment documents for all needs.
- To hold moderation meetings with teachers on ongoing assessment and examination corrections.
- Liaise with other Heads of Department on Cross-Curricular themes and projects.
- To provide effective support to ensure that there is good discipline in classes.
- To report back to members on appropriate issues raised and decisions made at Heads of Department meetings.
- To budget texts, resources, teaching aids and other relevant requirements in consultation with members of the department. To ensure that there is adequate resource available to students and teachers.
- To ensure cataloguing and effective stock control.
- To ensure that resources for the department are centralized and easily accessible.
- To ensure that the library has enough in texts and reference materials to support learning for both teachers and students.
- To ensure that class room and central courtyard notice boards celebrate student work effectively.
- To ensure that appropriate substitution work is available when teachers are absent.
- To plan deployment of teachers for an academic year.
- To assist the Director in hiring new staff.
- To assist in the procedures of school and board examinations.
All HODs are required to teach in MYP space along with DP.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.