Department Head - Engineering - Chemical Adhesives Manufacturing (15-20 yrs)
Details about the Company. - This is for a Market leader in chemical Adhesives which has 50 manufacturing units all over India.
Location : Vapi,Gujarat
Department : Engineering
Experience : 15 - 20 yrs
Role : Department Head
Qualification : B.E./ B.Tech (Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation)- Full time only
Roles & Responsibility: -
- Ensure that there is zero reportable accidents in his span of control due to maintenance activities
- Provide leadership to unit Engineering personnel in various sites on maintenance and engineering activities
Monitor the asset performance practices and ensure that the safety critical equipment availability is 100% and the service critical equipment availability is above 99.5%
- Ensure that the asset accuracy is maintained and asset transfer / retirement is happening as per laid down procedures
- Ensure that Engineering spares are maintained and critical spares availability is above 90% Ensure compliance to benchmarked MTTR and MTBF
- Monitor and ensure that the units are following Pidilite SOPs and benchmarked practices to ensure the plant and equipment are maintained properly and safe for use
- Monitor and ensure plants are 100% complying to statutory requirements wrt to Engineering and maintenance areas
- Implement proactive maintenance practices and ensure maintenance schedules are followed and complied.
- Responsible for implementation of various brown field projects, modifications required for capacity and efficiency improvement
- Leading the implementation of energy & water conservation techniques as well as imparting technical & professional training to the team members
- Coordinate between Central & Site teams to optimize and leverage best practices, technologies available and implement them in the respective plants to improve the bottom line
- Ensure the plants are adequately staffed in Engineering function
- Ensure 90% of the people complete 90% of their training programs mapped in RBTM
Exposure of managing medium of large size chemical / pharma/ paint plants
- Hands on Maintenance experience of Static, rotating and packing machines used in Chemical / FMCG industries
- Exposure to Electrical, Instrumentation, automation & Packaging
- Exposure to equipment installation and commissioning practices
- Exposure to modern maintenance management
- Exposure to EHS practices and implementation knowledge
- Problem solving and decision making
- Good interpersonal skills & Stakeholder management
- Conflict management.
- Ability to work in team
- Exposure to Reliability Engineering & Proactive Maintenance practices would be preferred
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.