HR Advisor at Dentsu Aegis Network India Pvt Ltd
Views:2870 Applications:509 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:32
Dentsu Aegis Network - Assistant Vice President - Financial Control (11-16 yrs)
Role title: AVP - Financial Control
Location: Bangalore, India
Reports to: VP - Finance
- The AVP-Financial Control is responsible for managing the Controls & Compliance teams within the Bangalore Centre of Excellence (BCoE).
- The role requires managing the Group Financial Accounting and Reporting (GFAR) team, Regional & Market Controllership teams and Specialist Functions. The resource has to set up a Controllership Task team which will work with Group, Regions and Markets to drive Balance Sheet controls and manage/mitigate risks.
- The role includes, but is not limited to, transitioning activities from the Markets &; Regions, implementing Financial Control strategy, driving an appropriate control and compliance environment, overseeing the month-end process and production of financial management information.
Key activities this role will be focussing on are as follows :
- Manage BCoE Controls & Compliance teams - Group Financial Accounting and Reporting (GFAR), APAC & EMEA Controllership and Specialist Functions (Tax, Treasury, Transfer Pricing & Internal Audit).
- Work with the Markets, Regions & Group Finance teams for timely closure and reporting of numbers adhering to Group requirements and timelines.
- Work with Markets & Regions to implement and deliver a high-quality control environment through active enforcement of policies and procedures including revisiting Financial Policies from time-to-time.
- Set up a Controllership Task Team within BCoE and support Group Finance Team, London, to drive Balance Sheet focus and control. The task team shall work with Group, Regional & Market teams to drive Balance Sheet reconciliations, check supporting documents, review quality of reconciliations, help markets take corrective actions to mitigate risks and produce Controllership dashboards for the management.
- Active member of the Group Controllers Network and drive/enable operationalisation of actions from this Forum.
- Drive continuous process improvements; implement best practices and standard operating procedures (SOPs) to achieve operational efficiencies.
- Present critical & key performance indicators, dashboards, continuous process improvements and team engagement initiatives to stakeholders on a periodic basis.
- Effectively engage with Stakeholders by understanding requirements, delivering according to the agreed plan and managing relationship.
- Create and maintain a highly engaged team. Manage people responsibilities including performance appraisals, training & development.
- Manage escalations, develop back up plan and focus on cross training the team.
What we- re looking for:
- A qualified Chartered Accountant having 12 years of post-qualification experience with a minimum of 5 years of relevant Controllership experience.
- Strong experience of financial processes, reporting and control improvements.
- Ability to work with different stakeholders across Regions & Markets.
- Strong inter-personal skills & team handling experience.
- Project, change management & transition experience preferred.
- Exposure to different improvement frameworks, such as Six Sigma and Lean.
About the Company
Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) helps clients build consumer relationships by communicating their products and brands effectively. Our distinctive and innovative range of products and services include marketing and communications strategies through digital creative execution, media planning and buying, mobile applications, SEO, content creation, brand tracking and marketing analytics.
Through our ten global network brands and supported by our growing specialist/multi-market brands we provide best-in-class expertise and capabilities in brand, media and digital communications services.
Our high performing people, with their knowledge, expertise and experience, set Dentsu Aegis Network apart from the competition and deliver our vision of "Innovating The Way Brands Are Built". Our vision and values guide HR as we partner the business to attract, develop and retain the very best global talent, who can ensure ongoing and increasing commercial success for Dentsu Aegis Network.