Demand Planner - Electronic Accessories (2-4 yrs)
Demand Planner - Electronic Accessories
- Here is a chance to work for a Consumer Electronics Brand, where you get to deal with some of the best channels and work with some excellent experienced minds. Read on.
- Started in 2015, this lifestyle and accessories startup has taken over the consumer electronics sector in India. Our client has a product range that includes an extensive catalog of headphones, speakers, travel accessories, and modern earphones. It believes in providing cutting edge electronic products stamped with durability and affordability.
- The brand is associated with some of the major icons across categories and tie-ups with industries covering fashion, sports, and music, of course. The founders are Marketing grads, with vast experience in the consumer lifestyle products and other major brands. With their vigorous efforts toward quality and marketing, they have been able to strike a chord with major E-commerce brands and even consumers.
AS a Demand Planner, you will develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
What you will do :
- Reviewing historical sales trends, researching demand drivers, preparing forecast data, developing statistical forecast models, and evaluating forecast results.
- Coordinating cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refining the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interacting with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilizing a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Using and maintaining the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Providing input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinating and communicating customer action plans with supply planning
Job Functions :
Creating statistical forecasts :
- Gather, analyze and validate data
- Execute statistical modeling software
- Review resulting statistical forecast model
- Apply error analysis techniques to improve forecasting
- Summarize/ aggregate statistical forecasts
- Reviewing sales plans, customer finance Budget Updates or Latest Estimates and demand drivers:
- Present, solicit, and assess feedback on the various forecasts from sales, and finance
- Recommend adjustments for operational forecasts
- Review promotional plans with sales
- Achieving consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with sales, marketing and finance personnel
- Prepare relevant material to facilitate research and discussion
- Providing input to volume planning (Latest Estimates / annual process)
- Facilitate and manage demand planning/customer meetings
- Achieve consensus with the business side and the demand chain
- Maintaining demand planning system and software
- Enter and modify data and ensure the correctness of product hierarchy
- Monitor trends in forecast error
- Identify relevant market-related data and competitive intelligence
- Preparing and maintaining relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process
What you need to have :
Education/ Training : BA/ BS college degree or its equivalent. MBA preferred.
Licenses/ Certificates : APICS or other forecasting Certification preferred
Other : Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Knowledge of SAP/APO, or Oracle Demand Planning or other software related to demand planning is preferred.
- Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office.
- This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
- Good facilitation skills are required.