Deloitte - Manager/Senior Manager - Financial Due Diligence - CA (5-8 yrs)
Financial Due Diligence - Manager and Sr. Manager
Work you'll do :
In our Transaction Advisory team, you'll build and nurture positive working relationships with teams and clients with the intention to exceed client expectations. Your roles and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Developing an understanding of the business, competitive positioning, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, challenges etc. of the target business
- Lead role in execution of client services as Engagement manager
- Leading the team during project execution, reviewing the report and providing value add inputs
- Interpretation, evaluation and analysis of information memoranda, business plans, publicly available information on the target business
- Production of quality deliverables (including Excel and Power Point documents) within agreed timescales, briefing Partner/Director/Senior Manager accordingly. On larger deals this may involve responsibility for the production of discrete sections. This will include:
- Review and analysis of historical trading, cash flow and balance sheets
- Review and analysis of projections, and underlying assumptions
- Evaluate the operating trends, quality of earnings, maintainability of EBITDA, working capital & cash flows considerations etc.
- Identifying key issues related to deal, assessing their impact on valuation/ price consideration and advising on ways to address the issues
- Create and manage good independent relationships with clients. Expand opportunities with existing clients, identify and act on referrals
- To ensure compliance with risk management procedures and activities
- Be able to proactively resolve (with Partner support) risk issues in delivering services to clients
- Strong contribution to knowledge sharing efforts, review and continually improve processes so that the team and firm capture and leverage knowledge
- Should be able to build and manage a team effectively and be a strong role model, mentor and coach
- Business development, prepare proposals and cost estimates
- Work on variety of transactions including large cross border transactions across different industry verticals
- Work as a part of cross border teams on engagements lasting from just a few days to several months
- To assist clients ranging from large multinationals, private equity houses and VC firms to owner managed businesses.
- Chartered Accountant (qualified in first or second attempt preferred) with good academic background and 5-8 years of relevant post qualification work experience
- Transaction experience/exposure would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of IFRS would be an added advantage.
- Strong report writing and reviewing skills, with an appropriate focus on attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in using MS-Excel to process and analyze large volume of data
- Strong commercial acumen and market awareness
- Focused on high quality service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Your role as a leader :
At Deloitte India, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our organization :
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
How you'll grow :
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our purpose :
- Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters.
- Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world
Recruiter tips :
- We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the
- organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.