Deloitte - Manager - Insolvency & Bankruptcy (6-10 yrs)
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you'll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential
Deloitte is where you'll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
The Deloitte Corporate Finance and Restructuring Services team consist of highly skilled and experienced professionals dedicated to providing companies with customized investment banking, restructuring, insolvency services. Our team of client focused industry leaders is committed to working to address the range of client transactions.
Deloitte's global Corporate Finance and Restructuring Services teams advise clients ranging from entrepreneurially-owned businesses, corporates, private equity, and institutional investors to governments, management teams, and individuals. This global scale and connectivity, combined with local market insight and industry knowledge, underpin the integrated solutions that Deloitte's Corporate Finance and Restructuring Services teams consistently deliver for clients.
As part of the larger Deloitte network of member firms, our clients also have access to a full suite of professional services to address their needs through the transaction lifecycle and beyond.
We apply our experience in corporate lifecycle events- from capital raises, mergers and acquisitions and reorganizations and strategic wind ups - to help clients emerge stronger and more resilient. Our market-leading teams' help clients embrace complexity to accelerate performance, disrupt through innovation, and lead in their industries.
Learn more about our Financial Advisory Practice
Work you'll do
In our Corporate Finance and Restructuring Services team you'll build and nurture positive working relationships with teams and clients with the intention to exceed client expectations.
You'll be responsible to:
- Assist the team with market and industry research for business development related activities
- Provide Support & assistance to the Insolvency Professional in efficiently executing assignments under the aegis of Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (Code), such as:
- Claim verification - Issuing public notice for inviting claims, verification and coordination with claimant to provide complete documentation for the purpose of claim verification and accordingly admit/reject claims and prepare tracker of the claimants as required under the IBC code
- Supporting the team in taking over control and custody of the assets and operation to preserve businesses and assets value of the Corporate Debtor
- Assisting in supervising Human resource function and Operation functions of the Corporate Debtor
- Assisting the entire process of an invitation of Resolution Plans such as the release of Expression of Interest, preparation of RFRP, bid evaluation matrix, eligibility criteria and other documents for receipt, examination and presentation of Resolution Plans for the approval of Committee of Creditors
- Assisting the potential resolution applicants in conducting due diligence of the corporate debtor which includes maintain virtual data room, coordinating site visits, resolving queries etc.
- To communicate with all stakeholders such as Committee of Creditor's members, other claimants, promoters and directors, Key Managerial Personnel, statutory authorities, auditors, employees of Corporate Debtor, etc for the purpose of seeking information, informing them about the commencement of CIRP, coordinating for litigation.
- To convene the Committee of Creditors meetings and to prepare all notices, agenda, information to be shared with COC, minutes, etc and to act as a bridge between Committee of Creditors and the Insolvency Professional.
- Assisting the team to convene the Committee of Creditors meetings and to prepare all notices, agenda, information to be shared with COC, minutes, etc and to act as a bridge between Committee of Creditors and the Insolvency Professional.
- To assist the team in preparation and compilation of Information Memorandum and co-ordinate for all the information required. To keep the Information Memorandum updated with adding all that information which is important for understanding the Corporate Debtor for the purpose of submission of Resolution Plan.
- Any other assistance required by the Insolvency Professional as per the IBC code
- Support in preparation of transaction documents, financial models, etc.
- Support in Deal Origination and Business Development
- Assist in execution across the various stages of the project / transaction execution, including but not limited to preparation of reports, presentations, notes, verification of documents, financial analysis and control procedures, coordination and liaison with stakeholders, etc.
- Assist the team leaders with in sector and product coverage, write thought papers, etc.
- Graduate in commerce, management, accounts, finance, etc.
- With a MBA /CA/CFA (candidates with prior experience of Investment Banking /Equity Research / Private Equity will be preferred)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to independently create robust financial models is a must and should have a good understanding of business valuations
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude with the flexibility to be working beyond normal working hours to deliver to clients' expectations
- High proficiency with MS Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Thorough understanding of financial statements - profit and loss statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement
- High proficiency with all the standard research databases such as Bloomberg, Factiva, Factset, etc.
Your role as a leader :
At Deloitte India, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
In addition to living our purpose, Assistant Managers across our organization:
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters.
Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world
Recruiter tips :
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.