Manager at Deloitte India
Views:7856 Applications:1952 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:90
Deloitte - Manager - Direct Procurement - Strategy Consulting (5-12 yrs)
What impact will you make?
Every day at Deloitte, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you- ll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential
Deloitte is where you'll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
The Team :
- Deloitte's Supply Chain & Network Operations (SCNO) practice focuses on delivering practical, strategy-driven value through advisory services that optimize, reinvent, and improve the supply chain from end to end - design, plan, source, make, and deliver. We tackle organizations- most complex issues by drawing on global capabilities that span all areas of business strategy and operations and industries.
- The focus therefore is on providing holistic offerings to address client business issues and engaging with them in deploying high impact delivery models that support their overarching business strategy.
Learn more about Supply Chain practice
Prime responsibilities as a Manager - Direct Procurement :
- The primary role of a Manager is to make immediate, direct contributions to enhancing our clients- competitive position and performance in ways that are distinctive, innovative, and sustainable.
- Managers frequently manage one or more junior consultants.
To do this, Manager must perform the following activities :
- Work closely and collaboratively with teams to analyze client operations, gather data, brainstorm potential options, and make choices about right supply chain models
- Assist Supply chain leadership with solving complex challenges and adding greater value to the business
- Assist Supply Chain organizations in designing supply chain operating model, defining and developing supply chain capabilities that are core to competitive advantage, improving operational and financial performance, and managing supply chain related risk
- Advice Clients and Supply Chain executives on the creation of strategies and capabilities to support enterprise-wide decision-making, improve operations, and strengthen stakeholder management
- Through leadership and expertise, SCNO team equip Supply Chain and Procurement leaders with a strategic agenda and deliver solutions to create impact within their organization, and at the market level
Teams to address client specific needs :
- Supply Chain Strategy - Create, refine, and implement supply chain strategies that support the overarching business strategy
- Product Development - Integrate and streamline product innovation and product development related processes
- Supply Chain Planning - Define processes that balance supply and demand to develop a method that meets sourcing, production, and delivery requirements
- Sourcing & Procurement - Enhance spend management services for both direct and direct material sourcing and supply management
- Manufacturing Strategy & Operations - Improve operations of the entire value chain by leveraging lean concepts to help reduce waste and complexity
- Logistics & Distribution - Determine the best strategy and practices for moving the right product to the right place at the right time
- Sustainability - Increase enterprise value by improving social and environmental performance by investing in resource management, supply chain, strategy, and reporting
- Supply Chain Analytics - Transform data into intuitive, interactive visualizations that innovate how our clients approach their toughest issues
Skills Required :
- A strong and demonstrated interest in consulting and/or advisory client service
- Functional/Industry Skill : MBA from premium B-School or equivalent (Mandatory)
- Prior experience managing end to end client engagements and programs
- Prior experience in managing teams
- Excellent academic credentials for both undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness and ability to take initiative and learn independently
- This role involves extensive travel
Experience requirement :
- 5-12 years of relevant experience across consulting and/or industry roles, post qualification would be preferred
- At least 2 years consulting experience
- Direct categories procurement experience (either consulting or industry)
Your role as a leader :
At Deloitte India, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
How you'll grow :
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development
Programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.