Assistant Manager at Deloitte
Views:3001 Applications:676 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:643
Deloitte - Manager/Deputy Manager/Assistant Manager - Value Creation Services (2-10 yrs)
Manager / Deputy Manager / Assistant Manager - Value Creation Services - Deloitte India
What impact will you make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you'll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
- We are well-known for our innovative and collaborative culture, commitment to delivering outstanding quality service to clients and enabling our people to excel in everything they do. Our Post-Merger Integration practice is fully integrated into the "One Deloitte" agenda and you will often find yourself working on large and exciting Integration and Separation assignments in a challenging new environment.
- Benefiting from high levels of exposure and learning from some of the experienced practitioners in the PMI field, you will expand your skills to grow as a professional in this domain.
- We work as an extension of our Deloitte member firms' PMI practices and provide dedicated support throughout the project lifecycle. Working on international assignments involving cross-border and cross-service line teams allows you to build your networks across the vast Global Deloitte network and develop understanding of the global PMI standards.
- You will generally work with Deloitte London's market leading Integration and Separations (I&S) team, who are part of London PMI team (c.120 members) and serving to corporate organizations, Private Equity houses and banks. They are widely recognized as the most experienced Integration and Separation team in EMEA and support transactions across all industry sectors. They have been involved on 200 of the largest and most complex integrations, separations and joint ventures including supporting such clients as AB InBev/SAB Miller, Tata, Lloyds TSB/HBoS, BA/Iberia, Travelex/MasterCard, Geely Automotive/Volvo, KKR, Blackstone, TPG and many more.
- The M&A I&S team is now developing its current capability within the DIJV in Mumbai which caters to the UK, European, Middle East and Canadian Deloitte firms.
- We also have an active international secondment program for our analysts after they gain relevant experience as we believe this plays a crucial role in their overall career and personal development. This includes secondment into PMI practices across our global network of Deloitte member firms.
Work you'll do
- Your role will be to provide integration and separation expertise to corporate organisations, private equity houses and financial institutions.
- You will deliver services ranging from the development of integration or separation strategies to supporting on day 1 planning and post-deal implementation programme delivery.
- You will support transactions across all industry sectors including Digital, Technology and Financial Services.
The role will position you to support on all aspects of an integration or separation, which includes the following activities:
- Providing day to day Programme Management Office support on our engagements;
- Assisting clients to fulfil their programme objectives and developing periodic deliverables;
- Developing your consulting skills in strategic thinking, programme and change management;
- Engage with colleagues and client senior management to drive the completion of actions, management of risks and issues and facilitation of decision making; and
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in diverse nature of engagements where you will:
- Support the development of key documents for a transaction e.g. Transitional Service Agreements, status reports, Steerco reports and executive board reports addressing strategic issues;
- Periodic tracking of key integration/separation activities, RAID logs, benefits tracking, internal cost trackers, etc.;
- Contribute to practice and internal/external business development activities e.g. through the development of sales materials and presentations;
- Taking ownership for quality and risk management, ensuring that all client work is delivered consistently complying with Deloitte quality and risk rules and guidelines;
- Support Deloitte member firms' (Canadian, UK, Middle East and European) business PMI practice;
- Liaise with engagement team members in Canada, Australia, UK, Middle East and Europe as required; and
- Work towards tight deadlines, adding value to complex and high profile projects.
MBA degree or equivalent qualification
In order to be considered for this role, your competencies will cover the broad scope of Integration and Separation services, leveraging your professional background and skills such as:
- Experience of the M&A lifecycle, including writing and reviewing post-merger integration/separation reports;
- Previous programme management experience on complex/large projects, ideally from a leading corporate institution, consulting firms or a BIG4 firm
- Strong analytical and business diagnostic skills
- Strong commercial acumen and project management capability, preferably with certifications such as PRINCE2 or PMP;
- Experience of working in a deal environment with senior management;
- Capable of analysis of business models and development of target operating models;
- Proficiency with MS office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- A flexible approach to business demands and experience of working to short time horizons.
- Excellent track record and strong academic achievements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of data sources such as Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Thomson etc. would be an asset
- Basic to advance knowledge of Excel
- Interest in working in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proactive and an inquisitive mind, with a passion to provide world class client service
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre.