Assistant Manager at Deloitte
Views:1403 Applications:283 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:268
Deloitte - Manager - Business Valuations - International (2-8 yrs)
Deloitte - Business Valuations - International
Multiple Opportunities for Valuations (International)
What impact will you make? :
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you'll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
We are well-known for our innovative and collaborative culture, commitment to delivering outstanding quality service to clients and enabling our people to excel in everything they do. Our Valuations practice is fully integrated into the - One Deloitte agenda and you will often find yourself working on large and exciting cross service line valuation engagements.
Benefiting from high levels of exposure and learning from some of the experienced practitioners in the valuations and advisory field, you will expand your skills to grow as a professional in this domain.
The Team :
- Valuations team provides advisory & support services to Deloitte members firms
- Valuation practices in performing a diverse nature of the valuation engagements. The team has significant experience in performing valuations of varying complexities for international entities (private and public) of differing sizes operating across a diverse range of industries and stages of development.
- We work as an extension of our Deloitte member firms- valuation practices and provide dedicated support throughout the project lifecycle.
Working on international assignments involving cross-border and cross-service line teams allows you to build your networks across the vast Global Deloitte network and develop understanding of the global valuation standards.
- We perform valuations for various financial reporting, tax compliance, transaction support and other commercial purposes. Our core service offerings include business valuation, intangible/IP valuation, purchase price allocations, fairness opinions and audit-review support.
- We also have an active international secondment program for our analysts after they gain relevant experience as we believe this plays a crucial role in their overall career and personal development. This includes secondment into valuation practices across our global network of Deloitte member firms.
Work you'll do :
- A career within Valuations practice will provide a wide & valuable experience in an exciting and dynamic working & learning environment. The role will position you to support on all aspects of a valuation engagement which include the following activities:
- Quickly developing an understanding of the industry, company's business operation and its key operating drivers.
- Interpreting and analyzing financial statements, annual reports, management presentations, business plans, and other publicly available information.
- Performing and assisting experienced team members in executing a wide variety of the valuation exercise (including valuation of the company's business, valuation of IP/intangible assets acquired in M&A transactions, goodwill impairment testing, and valuation for deal support/fund raising, financial planning and litigation purposes).
- Preparing quality deliverables (including valuation models and reports) within agreed timeliness.
As a Manager, you will have the opportunity to be involved in diverse nature of engagements where you will :
- Support Deloitte member firms (Canadian, UK, Australian, Middle East and Europeans) business valuation practice
- Manage a team of 15 - 20 valuation professionals
- Develop and review valuation models of varying complexities for international entities (private and public) of differing sizes operating across a diverse range of industries and perform valuation analysis, as necessary
- Work in a collaborative team analyzing client issues and recommending solutions
- Prioritize your objectives and contribute to project execution and status reporting
- Provide guidance to, supervise and review the work of junior team members
- Directly liaise with and develop relationships with client and engagement team members in Canada, UK, Australia
- Produce assignment budgets and timetables, and manage delivery against them
- Focus team on key priorities and ensure smooth service delivery within the defined competency/geographical area
- Assign people to projects based on their skills, career goals and client's expectations
- Generate new business opportunities by developing ideas and solutions
- Work towards tight deadlines, adding value to complex and high profile projects
- Be responsible for goal setting, performance appraisal and professional development of counselees and the larger team
Eligibility : MBA/ CA / CFA (International)
Skills Required :
In order to be considered for this role, your competencies will cover the broad scope of Valuation services, leveraging your professional background and skills such as:
- Excellent track record and strong academic achievements
- 2 to 8 years of relevant valuations work experience
- Experience with any of the Big 4 firms, leading investment banks, or their support centres is an asset
- In-depth understanding of financial and valuation principles
- Experience with purchase price allocation and Impairment testing of goodwill and intangibles as per accounting standards (IFRS)
- Financial modelling experience, mainly of building valuation models
- Sound grasp of MS Excel; a natural interest in working and learning to use it to an advanced level
- Advanced knowledge of using various research databases like CapitalIQ, Bloomberg, Factiva, Thomson etc.
- Excellent analytical, project management and teamwork competencies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and systematic problem solving skills
- Interest in working in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Ability to work with staff at all levels of the organization
- Proven business development and marketing techniques, and ability to pursue and close business growth opportunities
- Proactive and an inquisitive mind, with a passion to provide world class client service
How you'll grow :
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our purpose :
Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters.
Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work- always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world