Executive at Deloitte
Views:189 Applications:49 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Deloitte - Business Analyst - Regulatory (5-10 yrs)
Role & Responsibilities:
- Independently manage medium to large projects through the lifecycle and use BA tools proficiently (business requirement documents, functional specification documents, data matrix, Work Flow Diagrams etc.)
- Work with global stakeholders to build project pipeline and business case, setup project governance mechanisms, lead BA teams, own project success and deliver projects to implementation
- Assist our stakeholder Businesses with their tactical/ strategic solution requirements, services and/or program.
- Must be able to work with Technology, Operations, Finance, and Front Office to identify and maximize opportunities that help in delivery of projects and to improve product, service and program business processes.
- Must have ability to work with the team and train people on various subjects, structure the project governance model and also work together with regional counterparts to devise induction framework for all the resources entering into the project.
- Prepare project reports (weekly project update, monthly status update, highlighting risks, resource utilization, analyses trends, recommends adjustments that address or capitalize on these changes.)
- IB Background with a good understanding of IB products, and basic understanding of trade lifecycle
- Experience of working as Sr. BA on Regulatory reporting projects covering EMIR, CFTC, MIFID, SFTR etc.
- RELEVANT BA experience - Both functional BAs and core technical BAs.
- Technical BAs - experience with data related projects would be advantageous, Data mining, identifying and understanding data flows and systems, handling large datasets.
- All senior BAs must demonstrate hands-on experience performing a variety of core BA activities e.g. planning the approach, running the requirements gathering sessions, synthesizing information gathered from the requirements sessions in a format appropriate to the intended audience.
- Experience of creating key documents like BRD, FRD and Project status reports for senior stakeholders.
- Candidates must be comfortable using a variety of approaches to capture and present information/data and will be able to explain why they have chosen certain approaches or techniques used
- Experience on managing senior stakeholders in current profile Managing forums like working group, Executive committee or Steer-cos
- Process mapping / process enhancement
- Ability to demonstrate instances that they've had to document / catalogue process flows (data, system, trade, etc.)
- Process automation projects requiring process mapping skills
- Experience on strategic initiatives with middle and senior management
Mind set required:
- Good practical experience in Financial products like Fixed Income, FX, Equities, etc. as a business analyst and/or a project manager
- Expect sound understanding of trade lifecycle, global regulations and trading/investment banking processes
- Ability to operate in both agile and waterfall style project methodologies and have an understanding of deliverables required for each methodology
- Attention to detail and high quality standards of documentation, processes and control environment
- Experience in the full E2E systems delivery lifecycle (SDLC)
- Detailed knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Visio
- Excellent Communication, Organization and Documentation Skills
- Flexibility (Openness to Change) - Adapts effectively to changing plans, domains and priorities; Is open and flexible when faced with changing project constraints
- Deals comfortably with ambiguity - Stays on target to complete goals regardless of obstacles or adverse circumstances
- Rigorous follow ups through on all commitments to achieve results
- Excellent and demonstrable understanding of "best practice" approaches to functional testing especially User Acceptance Testing