Associate Consultant at RGF Professional
Views:3232 Applications:141 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Delivery Head - Security Center of Excellence - IT (14-22 yrs)
Delivery Head Security Center of Excellence, Pune
Only B.Tech required
About the Role: In this highly visible, leadership role, we are looking for a hands-on engineering leader to help us build our Security Center of Excellence in Pune, and lead the center from inception through the next phase of growth. You will report to the overall Leadership team and lead a large and growing development team.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to: Leadership:
- Overall ownership and responsibility for the engineering function for the site and direct accountability to the leadership team for development velocity, product quality, hiring and organization design
- Working with the leadership team on defining the overall vision and product roadmap, ensuring goals are met
- Fostering and driving the vision throughout the organization, especially in the areas of product development, quality, operational success, and devops
- Collaborating with and influencing other senior leaders and your direct staff in developing best practices and promoting engineering excellence
Goals and Deliverables:
- Assigning areas of ownership, and ensuring leaders and engineers have clear priorities and adequate resources
- Communicating status, risks, and offering mitigation strategies to ensure on-time delivery of all committed projects to cross functional teams and the leadership team
- Managing engineering deliverables to ensure reliability and predictability
- Ensuring the overall success of technology and product development
Budget and planning:
- Forecasting budgets and building release timelines and staffing and resource planning for future initiatives
- Managing all aspects of the execution of engineering budget
- Building a world class team of engineers and leaders
- Daily management of objectives, priorities, tradeoffs, risk, and performance management of all reporting staff
Hiring and Coaching:
- Establishing a strong hiring plan. Partnering with HR organization in establishing and driving standards for the team
- Direct accountability to the leadership team for hiring plan execution
- Recruiting and hiring leaders and engineers for sustained success. Further build up the technical team (which may include adding resources from your own personal network)
- Managing, coaching and growing the engineering leadership team (providing feedback to your staff, providing growth opportunities, technical guidance, and mentorship)
Processes and Quality:
- Owning, defining and operationalizing consistent Agile principles and processes across the various engineering teams. Establishing processes, policies, procedures, SLAs, and ownership
- Developing and monitoring key metrics and reporting on regular basis including detailed performance metrics, KPI's, coverage gaps, project reports, incidents, and alerts
- Striving to become a lean organization by reducing waste across the groups and driving towards increase product quality and release stability by metrics-oriented continuous improvements
Communication and Cross Functional Interaction:
- Establishing a significant partnership with US engineering, program management, product management, product marketing and system engineers to formulate the strategy and roadmap for delivering on expectations for the site. Leading and overseeing the implementation of the deliveries
- Facilitating effective day-to-day communication within the organization and with cross-functional peers
- Collaborating and resolving conflicts as needed
- Owning and maintaining product architecture alignment (ultimate responsibility for all aspects of product development, product delivery and the entire program execution for the site)
- Technical ownership of the assigned products and features, including designl solution, proposals, presentations, support for customer trials, support for deployment, and maintenance & troubleshooting.
- Collaborating with US technology teams to drive new initiatives POC's and implementation.
- Providing timely and effective feedback to US peers and other members of the leadership team regarding development status, product issues, and possible improvements in company products and approaches
- Facilitating and reviewing all technologies/hardware/software requirements. Working with vendors and procurement to obtain best pricing. Developing key metrics and performance goals including real time feedback and formal reviews
- BS/MS in CS or related field with 15 or more years in leading and implementing software engineering projects, including design and architecture
- Expert understanding IT Security field. Industry related credentials are highly desired.
- 10+ years minimum of real-world leadership experience building world class global teams of top notch senior and principal-level engineers and leaders in the Security field. We are looking for a passionate leader that can actively communicate with, inspire, and motivate technical employees.
- Strong record of engineering excellence including continuous delivery of high quality, large scale, innovative security software. Expertise in Test-Driven Development and establishing a DevOps practice. Multiple product launches under your belt - from design to launch, having played a key role in their success
- Hands on expertise in implementing distributed architectures and platforms that support security, virtualization, scale, availability, performance, and automation - deployed at scale. Hands on expertise with products for SaaS deployments in AWS or Azure clouds, using container technologies, is a plus
- Strong business knowledge complementing technical skills to understand the customer's business and technical drivers and challenges.
- Willingness to roll sleeves up all the way to managing extended global teams to deliver product.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work successfully with a global highly distributed team
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills. Able to identify and resolve issues in timely manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong presentation skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.