Delivery Director - Project Management - Telecom (15-20 yrs)
Defines scope of strategic work efforts for our Client, defines teams, accountability structures, metrics and has delivery accountability of Global Projects spread across APAC, EMEA & Americas (Strategic and Tactical). Often the programs involve fundamental business change and expenditures with significant bottom-line revenue and cost impacts. Leads strategy, implementation, operational planning, establishment, execution, issue and risk management, and evaluation of complex and cross-functional programs while managing the programs defined budget. Leads matrixed team sizes from 50 - 150 people (or larger) across all areas of Client's enterprise. Focus of this role would be on Delivery of Multiple Projects as per the agreed scope, budget & Quality. Provide Leadership to the individual PMs, driving improvements across Projects, resolving conflicts & escalations. People Management & General Administration of the responsible teams. This role needs to interact with Solution Engineering(responsible for Requirements) & Resourcing Function to ensure successful delivery from Implementation to Customer UAT. The role demands interaction with Customer facing roles within clients spread across 8 to 12 Customers (or more) across multi geography.
This job is responsible/accountable for -
- Successful delivery of Projects and Programs run by PMs reporting to this role
- Interfaces with all levels of client Senior and Executive Management
- Develops and manages program operating costs budgets for program activities and monitor expenditures to ensure that they remain within budgetary limits.
- Incorporates industry best practices, conducts internal and external benchmarking, and establishes standards, key measures, and metrics. The challenges would include multi geography Agile teams.
- Assisting teams in defining project team tasks, assumptions, deliverables, dependencies, risk management, issue resolution, and escalation when appropriate.
- Acts as a key liaison between the business, IT, and operations to insure alignment of business objectives with governed priorities.
- Acts as the communications conduit to executive sponsors and program steering committee and conducts periodic briefing/status updates.
- Analyzes, evaluates and plans strategies and methods of approach for complex technical and business problems developed through technical and business collaborators.
- Recognizes the need for cross-boundary efforts and will initiate and develop when they don- t exist. Integration and alignment with other processes and solutions.
- Organizational change management, defines roles and responsibilities, communications, compliance, solutions adoption and training.
- Frequently is asked to correct and assume control of failing projects from elsewhere in the global organization
- Escalates and resolves program issues to deliver program
- Performs personnel assessments, reviews and delivers feedback to matrixed personnel on efforts
- Supports and is a member of standing and ad-hoc committees, teams and initiatives led by other client Directors and EDs to improve quality, reduce risk, improve customer experience, etc.
Internal - High degree of autonomy. This role will manage strategic programs with high-impact issues that may not be well understood, communicated, scoped, or resourced in the initial phases of the effort. This role will bring structure to chaos and must have the ability to influence through regularly interacting with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, organizations, and/or customers. Program status and reporting along with any unfavorable results in budget, timeline, or solutions will be summarized and/or escalated to senior management by this position.
- Bachelor's degree in business, IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent work experience is required.
- Six Sigma certification desired.
- Program Mgmt Professional (PMP) certification desired.
- Certification in agile practices and methodologies desired.
- More than 16 years total IT experience out of which 8-10 years Project/Program Management within the IT sector.
- Software Development, Analysis, Database, Networking and operating system, BSS background strongly preferred
- Expertise in Program Management for Corporate Level Programs.
- Proficient with tools to measure and perform metrics development, reporting, and analysis.
- Knowledge/experience of engineering and operations processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a proactive leader, effective influence with Senior Executives, with a bias for action and be able to build and leverage internal and external relationships, facilitate decisions and drive opportunities to solutions.
- Creative thinker and must be able to draw connections from diverse data points, past experience or intuition to define answers to new problems.
- Demonstrates an understanding of far reaching impacts or results of actions. Ability to identify all facets of a corporate level program. Excellent conceptualization, analytical and logic skills. Exercises good judgment and provides sound consultation to others.
- Strong ability to bridge technical and business groups in the execution of the programs.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a dynamic matrix management role.
- Develops and fosters strong partnering relationships.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Self-starter that can quickly assess situations and react or direct appropriately.
- Must be comfortable managing in a matrix fashion teams approaching 200
- Must have the ability to perform in an environment of ambiguity and demonstrate cultural adaptability.
- Strong BSS (Billing Support System) and OSS (Operational Support Systems) background and experience.
- Virtual and remote teaming ability.
- Flexible and responsive to input.
- Strong planning/organization & time management skills.
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of finance, time value of money, financial instruments,
- Ability to write and understand contractual language
- Ability to use a personal computer. Proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.