HR Associate at Decision Point
Views:263 Applications:52 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:48
Decision Point - Data Engineering Manager (4-6 yrs)
JOB DESCRIPTION :
JOB TITLE : Data Engineering Manager
LOCATION : Gurgaon
EXPERIENCE : 4-6 Years
About the Company :
- Decision Point is a fast-growing Consumer Products Analytics & Consulting Company, with business partners featuring in global fortune 500 list. We specialize in applying math to solve complex business problems in CPG space.
- DP assures you to provide a 360degree learning platform which will be steepest in the industry, you will develop in-depth know-how of CPG/FMCG business, learn the application of analytics and big data technologies and traits of management consulting.
- Decision Point offers an entrepreneurial environment and exposure to advanced analytics in the domain of sales and marketing. The team at Decision Point is very young, energetic and highly skilled.
- Our team consists of talented business consultants, data scientists and engineers who are passionate about implementing analytics in real world business problems
- A career at Decision Point is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Define standards, methodologies for Data Management environment.
- Design and build data structures on RDBMS like SQLServer, Mysql as well as MPP platform like SPARK, BigQuery to provide efficient reporting and analytics capability
- Lead the design for database and data pipeline/ETL using existing and emerging technologies and tools
- Bring structure to large quantities of data to make analysis possible, extract meaning from data to help improve decision making
- Drive the team to develop operationally efficient analytic solutions
- Develop & execute the required analytical algorithms, techniques for analytics solutions
- Manage project timelines and provide timely updates on significant issues or developments
- Lead and mentor people and plan their career growth and focus on creating a cohesive team environment.
- Able to Manage 4-5 team members mostly the freshers or Junior most
- Managing mostly retainer projects
An ideal candidate will be/have:
- Expert in cloud deployment with sound knowledge of AWS, azure
- Experience with big data platforms and tools (e.g. Spark R, Python) is preferred
- Sound knowledge of Database administration like: MySQL Server, MSSQL server, HDFS, PostgreSQL; Knowledge of the ETL process and implementation
- Stay up-to-date with the latest tools and techniques in data science and Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, SAS, Python; Hands-on experience on Excel VBA, Dashboard development
- Strong coding skills in a language such as Python
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Project Management skills
- Team Management skills
- Expertise in Python, PySpark & SQL
- Experience in developing data pipelines/ETL
- Hands on experience on cloud platforms like AWS/Google cloud
- Strong Analytical skills to dwell into complex codes and resolve the issue/optimize them
Key reasons to Join Decision Point:
- Development as a Subject Matter Expert in FMCG sales & marketing data engineering domain, working directly with one of the top 5 global FMCG brands.
- Work extensively with clients/ direct client interaction - There will be direct client interaction which will fasten your learning process and will enable you to master traits of strategy consulting i.e. from understanding business objective to analyzing data in a methodical way culminating with final output to be delivered to client.
- Leave the lasting Impact on Business: You will also get to witness the impact of implementing of your recommendations/strategies as you will be working very closely with clients on daytoday basis.
- FastTrack Career Growth: DP provides you to choose your own career path; We have Fasttrack career path for people who love challenges, are ambitious and wants to push their limits.
- This means high reward, challenging role where candidate can get promoted every year with handsome raises.
- Young and dynamic culture: the average age here is about 25 years. There is a lot of energy flowing all the time. We work hard and party harder. Our work environment is very flexible, and we understand your work life balance. We take off to mountains or beaches to recoup at least once a year and ensure we get together at the end of each quarter.