Senior Consultant at Huquo Consulting
Views:1527 Applications:277 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Decision Analytics Technical Role - BPO/ITeS (4-12 yrs)
Decision Analytics technical
EXL Decision Analytics
EXL (NASDAQ:EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that helps businesses enhance growth and profitability in the face of relentless competition and continuous disruption. Using our proprietary, award-winning Business EXLerator Framework- , which integrates analytics, automation, benchmarking, BPO, consulting, industry best practices and technology platforms, we look deeper to help companies improve global operations, enhance data-driven insights, increase customer satisfaction, and manage risk and compliance. EXL serves the insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics industries. Headquartered in New York, New York, EXL has more than 24,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia (primarily India and Philippines), Latin America, Australia and South Africa.
EXL Analytics provides data-driven, action-oriented solutions to business problems through statistical data mining, cutting edge analytics techniques and a consultative approach. Leveraging proprietary methodology and best-of-breed technology, EXL Analytics takes an industry-specific approach to transform our clients' decision making and embed analytics more deeply into their business processes. Our global footprint of nearly 2,000 data scientists and analysts assist client organizations with complex risk minimization methods, advanced marketing, pricing and CRM strategies, internal cost analysis, and cost and resource optimization within the organization. EXL Analytics serves the insurance, healthcare, banking, capital markets, utilities, retail and e-commerce, travel, transportation and logistics industries.
Please visit www.exlservice.com for more information about EXL Analytics.
Role Overview :
- Doing independent research, analyze, and present data as assigned
- Expected to work in close collaboration with the EXL team and clients on general insurance actuarial projects for US markets
- Develop, test, and deploy codes to facilitate smooth functioning of associated teams
- Extract, transform, and load data from/to multiple sources
- Critically examine and deep dive into codes, debug and optimize them
- Automate and schedule codes to minimize manual intervention and scope of error
- Prepare detailed documentation of incorporated algorithms, data structures, data and process flow,and preparing presentations
- Assist in learning and development of new team members
- Identify and participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure compliance with Data Privacy and Protection Guidelines
Key Responsibilities :
- Complete understanding of the current state of affairs and problem statement
- Interacting with clients on regular basis, understanding their requirements and transforming that into business framework through data-driven insights
- Conduct in-depth research with complex data environments to identify data integrity issues, and propose solutions to improve accuracy analysis
- Apply critical evaluation to challenge assumptions, formulate a defendable hypothesis, and ensuring high quality results
- Experience in data extraction, manipulation, preprocessing and transformation using Excel, SAS, VBA, and R/ Python
- Experience in drawing insights and presenting them using dashboards in Power BI/ Tableau
- Experience in data control and data automation
- In-depth data analysis like identifying major trends, univariate and multi-variate analysis
- Knowledge of general insurance concepts is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Candidate Profile :
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics, or similar technical degree
- 0-2 years' experience in data manipulation & analysis, and business reporting
- Exposure to US general insurance market is preferable
- Strong ability to learn technical and business knowledge
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in fast pace continuously evolving environment and ready to take up uphill challenges
- Is able to understand cross cultural differences and can work with clients across the globe
What we offer :
- EXL Analytics offers an exciting, fast paced and innovative environment, which brings together a group of sharp and entrepreneurial professionals who are eager to influence business decisions. From your very first day, you get an opportunity to work closely with highly experienced, world class analytics consultants.
- You can expect to learn many aspects of businesses that our clients engage in. You will also learn effective teamwork and time-management skills - key aspects for personal and professional growth
- Analytics requires different skill sets at different levels within the organization. At EXL Analytics, we invest heavily in training you in all aspects of analytics as well as in leading analytical tools and techniques.
- We provide guidance/ coaching to every employee through our mentoring program wherein every junior level employee is assigned a senior level professional as advisors.
- Sky is the limit for our team members. The unique experiences gathered at EXL Analytics sets the stage for further growth and development in our company and beyond.