DealShare - State Head - Category - IIM/MDI/ISB/FMS (6-15 yrs)
DealShare is an incredibly disruptive social e-commerce model objectified towards re-inventing e-retail for the next billion users. Headquartered in Bangalore with offices in Jaipur, Ahmedabad and Mumbai, DealShare, a hyperlocal e-retail business, was established on 5th September 2018 by Vineet Rao, Sourjyendu Medda, Sankar Bora and Rajat Shikar, is currently operational in major and minor cities of Karnataka, Rajasthan, Gujarat, and Maharashtra. DealShare is a discovery led model of business, which lets its customers discover super deals on household and grocery products and deliveries about 30,000 to 40,000 orders per day to its consumers and Kirana Partners. DealShare currently has about 300+ employees. DealShare is Series A funded with an investment round led by Matrix Partners, Falcon Edge Capital, Omidyar Network naming a few. It is the fastest growing social e-commerce startup.
We are looking for a category leadership role for Gujarat to own business growth and to support exponential business growth and customer delight.
- Growth: Own Category P&L, Selection, Assortment to drive exponential revenue growth and margins
- Selection: Responsible for Sourcing/ Buying (Staples, Oil & Ghee), merchandising, assortment planning to ensure that DealShare has leadership position in identified segments. You should have an eye for identifying changing consumer trends and consequent business opportunity
- Marketing promotions: Collaborate with the marketing and business teams to drive the marketing plans for the category including category and product promotion plans
- Strategy: Own, define and drive growth strategy across category, products, consumer segments, geographies
- Category Operations: Manage merchandising operations, Inbound planning, Catalogue monitoring and margin
- Insights: New User, New Channels, New Products, Automation to beyond metro, beyond google, next 500 million users
- Analytics: Market Research, Consumer Insights, Competitive landscape, Business Intelligence
- Stakeholder Management: Drive growth through Marketing, Operations and CS
- Special Projects: Lead business critical special projects involving stakeholders across functions like marketing, operations, supply chain etc.
The ideal candidate will be a Graduate from Tier-1 educational institution with 6 - 12 years of post-qualification work experience in Retail (Modern Trade / B2B / E-Commerce) or FMCG businesses with focus on deep domain expertise in Buying/Sourcing.
- An Ideal candidate would be curious, creative, obsessive for consumer, eager to unlearn and learn with bias for results.
- Demonstrated record of mentoring teams in fast growing and dynamic organizations and should be willing to go that extra mile to work beyond the KPIs.
- Deep domain expertise in the identified category (FMCG / Commodities / Non-Food / General Merchandise) and geographies, are essential for this role.
- Startup Cultural Fit - willingness to learn, to innovate, to take initiative, to think out of the box, hustle, ability to execute
- Strong data driven problem-solving skills, eye for extreme details and process led