DBS Bank - Credit Analyst - Institutional Banking Group - Large Corporate (5-17 yrs)
Job Title Credit Analyst - IBG
To support Relationship Management teams in the following activities,
- Preparation and submission of Credit Memos to CCG
- Completion of documentation formalities in coordination with the client & CCU
- Assisting RM in completing client onboarding/KYC reviews, Legal & Valuation reports
- Follow up for regularization of overdues
- Client servicing in coordination with internal units.
- Highlighting any early warning signs of the portfolio to the RMs
Manage the existing portfolio of all clients for the designated relationship teams as well as explore opportunities for cross sell of other banking products and help the team in detecting early warning signals in their portfolios.
- To prepare accurate credit proposals in a consistent, concise and lucid manner.
- To maintain close working relationship with Business Unit to ensure that IBG deliverables are met.
- Need-based meeting with customers to understand business and attendant risks.
- Cross sell of other products such as trade, cash, foreign exchange etc.
- To monitor portfolio for irregularities/ excesses/ breaches/ delays.
- Ensure all regulatory reporting & compliances are enforced. Work with the legal team to ensure recoveries & minimize bad debts & NPAs. Also ensure assistance to external & internal audits.
- Ensure customer retention & increase in wallet share by constantly monitoring customer satisfaction levels through detailed MIS & tracking of operations & complaints.
- Control the quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies.
- Monitor levels of complaints and quality of handling.
- Communicate all key messages to customers including agreed service standards, negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points (including introductions to new personnel) and new product changes.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to risk service standards
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing spreads which are consistent, error-free and in line with classification parameters used in DBS.
- Providing concise and relevant financial analysis by clearly identifying risks.
- Ensure reviews are completed prior to due date and are error free.
- Interact and follow up with clients on required information and clarifications.
- Adhere to the risk management guidelines of DBS, MAS and RBI.
- Ensuring that irregularities/ excesses in the portfolio are kept within control. Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of industry sectors within the customer portfolio.
- Control and manage the risk profile for the overall Team portfolio.
- Manage performance against key financial (risk-adjusted contribution) sales, service and operational targets.
- Develop Account Relationship Plans for customers in portfolio.
Overall 4-5 years of experience in CAM writing.
- A few years of sales experience in cash management/trade finance would be added advantage
- Knowledge of competitors and market
- Market knowledge and experience in the IBG 1/2 segment, with reference to customer preferences and requirement would be preferable.
An MBA or CA with relevant number of years of experience in Corporate Banking
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good Analytical skills.
- Self-driven and highly ambitious
- Results-orientated & the ability to handle pressure
- Relationship building & management skills
- Understanding of competitor products
- Comfortable with tight deadlines
- Sound understanding of asset products and associated technology platforms and operational procedures
- Understanding of regulatory guidelines on banking policies issued by MAS/ RBI/SEBI (local regulations in India) and local laws and regulations that impact businesses in general. Understanding of KYC requirements & Anti-money Laundering Policies are critical.
- Knowledge of financial markets, products & competitor offerings to assist in meaningful dialogue with clients
- Close interaction with RMs / Branch Manager to ensure consistent on boarding of good quality customers and thereby assisting in delivery of Sales targets.
- Close interaction with various stakeholders to ensure consistent and reliable service delivery to the customer.JOB PROFILE