DB Digital - Lead/Senior Recruiter - Talent Acquisition (4-7 yrs)
What you need to do:
1. Own and execute the recruiting strategy (talent acquisition) with all functional leaders across the org spanning all areas and disciplines including Product, Technology, Business, Revenue, Marketing, Content & more.
2. Execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management.
3. Collaborate and work with multiple external partners like Naukri, Linkedin, Hirist, Instahyre etc, and help build a lean recruiting team to help support the hiring needs of our rapidly growing businesses.
4. Work closely with business leaders to influence and deliver quality assessment and high touch candidate experience through all aspects of the recruitment funnel.
5. Accelerate progress by driving crisp and timely decisions, clearing blockers and escalating appropriately.
6. Use data and statistics to make informed decisions that solve real-world business problems.
7. Act as an advisor to all hiring managers to provide guidance, expertise, collaboration, and teamwork to hire the best talent.
8. Lead and/or participate in special projects and initiatives related to talent acquisition and retention with a deep focus on creating the best team and culture in the industry.
9. Act like an HR Generalist - help drive all People Ops and also Culture building initiatives which go beyond just recruiting (Wed love to hire someone who can grow into a larger role overseeing the entire People & Culture function eventually as the company grows).
Who you need to be:
1. Prior startup experience is highly valued. Ex founders in the HR space are welcome.
2. 4-6 years of industry experience in both technology and non- technology hiring.
3. Bachelors/Masters Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or related fields.
4. Proficiency with online cloud based tools, Microsoft Excel and familiarity with HR databases and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
5. Knowledge of the latest HR Ops and Culture tools is a big plus too (We keep experimenting with ways to make the entire HR lifecycle more employee focused, data informed and efficient).
6. Excellent communication, time management, and negotiation skills. Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision.
7. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a lot of things changing rapidly due to high growth.
8. Possess strong analytical skills with ability to create, measure, and scale workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team.
Note: We treat our Hiring, Culture & Team Building like a Product that has to be optimized for all its users (our beloved employees) to maximize organic acquisition, retention and a very high loyalty/NPS by continuously innovating to improve their user experience. You will practically act like a customer obsessed and data informed product manager for the People function - if you understand every part of this statement and agree with it - you're possibly a great fit.
Were DB Digital, a digital products company, focused exclusively on building the best content products for India. More than 500 million Indians will be online on their mobile devices by 2022, hungry for more - more news, more information, more knowledge, and we want to be their trusted, go-to source for high quality content delivered to them daily in the most easy to consume way, personalized for their specific needs. India deserves a much better class of News products and were going to be the ones to deliver it.
Were backed by India's biggest newspaper group (The Dainik Bhaskar Group) which reaches tens of millions of consumers across India on a daily basis, in multiple languages including Hindi, Gujarati and Marathi. Were building a core team of young people who can help us achieve our vision.
We believe in betting on young people whore very curious, extremely ambitious, relentlessly resourceful, can pick up new skills quickly and are willing to do whatever is needed to win. The kind of people who will thrive & grow at DB Digital are those who believe life is short; there's no time to waste and value learning and self evolution over anything else. You will be working with a small team of some awesome, like minded people with an excellent culture which enables all of the above and also be learning the basics of building great products that solve real problems for millions of Indians - at a setup very similar to that of an early stage consumer technology startup - ideal if you want to start something of your own in the future.
How We Work:
This is our set of values that all of us adhere to and believe in. Everyone in the team exhibits these and these define how we take any decisions at every level - be it business or product or anything else.
- Have a Founder Mentality: Act as if you are the founder. Treat this like your own baby. No excuses. No blame games. Just deliver with clear results.
- Obsess over the Customer: Do the right thing for the customer, always. Innovate on their behalf by understanding their problems, needs and aspirations deeply.
- Value Data over Egos & Opinions: Use all available data and insights for any decisions you make. Build hypotheses, run experiments, iterate. Repeat.
- Always be Hustling: Hustle like your life depends on it. Be relentlessly resourceful. Play with the cards you've been dealt, and win.
- Be Bold. Have Courage: Be ambitious. Have courage. Make bold bets. Do not stick to the status quo. Try new things. Its okay to fail.
- Be an Awesome Team Player: Do not optimize for yourself, optimize for the team. Disagree openly, be transparent, but fully commit and execute on whatever the team decides.
- Be Curious & Open Minded: Have intellectual humility. Always be learning new things. Curiosity is your biggest advantage.