DB Digital - Lead Product Manager (4-8 yrs)
Lead Product Manager (DB Digital)
What you need to do:
1. Understand the news market and needs of users deeply through market analysis, customer interviews, user research, competition analysis and other qualitative/quantitative techniques.
2. Adopt a structured approach to identify what problems need to be solved and break them down into smaller chunks. Prioritize what problems need to be solved now vs. later.
3. Facilitate an ideation process to come up with the best ideas to solve the prioritized problems. Harness the creativity of all stakeholders including content, design, technology, business, etc. Be willing to experiment with multiple solution ideas and test them using MVPs, prototypes, etc.
4. Define detailed product requirements and work collaboratively with a cross-functional team (design, engg. business, analytics, etc.) to bring a product to life. Ensure high product quality through processes such as user acceptance testing, dogfooding, etc.
5. Create a go-to-market plan working with growth & marketing stakeholders to maximize product adoption and success.
6. Create a product roadmap for your area that has at least a 3-month forward-looking view of key customer/business problems to be solved.
Note: We are structured like a bunch of multiple independent startup pods focusing on different areas of the business like News Experience, Personalization, News Sourcing & Creation, Growth, Monetization (Subscriptions, Ads & more). The ideal candidate will lead one or more of these independently (once aligned on the broad strategy & vision) working with various internal teams composed of researchers, product designers, data scientists, analytics, marketing and business. You will be collaborating with, mentoring, managing and hiring people depending on the team structure, requirements and the stage at which that pod is operating.
Who you need to be:
- Prior startup experience is highly valued. Ex founders are welcome (we- d love to learn from your experience and build this together - even if it's something small or something which failed).
- 4-8 years of Product Management experience, preferably working in a consumer internet or technology company.
- Proven track record of building and shipping high-quality data driven products in consumer products in large internet company impacting millions of users
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, or Engineering are preferable, but not a must.
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with ability to hypothesize, derive inferences from data as well as research and formulate actionable recommendations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing priorities on multiple fronts.
If you- re passionate about the overall News space, and always wonder why there's not a single great News product in existence used, trusted and loved by hundreds of millions of Indians, and would like to build the first of its kind in India - this role is for you.
We're DB Digital, a digital products company, focused exclusively on building the best content products for India. More than 500 million Indians will be online on their mobile devices by 2022, hungry for more - more news, more information, more knowledge, and we want to be their trusted, go-to source for high quality content delivered to them daily in the most easy to consume way, personalized for their specific needs. India deserves a much better class of News products and we- re going to be the ones to deliver it.
We're backed by India's biggest newspaper group (The Dainik Bhaskar Group) which reaches tens of millions of consumers across India on a daily basis, in multiple languages including Hindi, Gujarati and Marathi. We- re building a core team of young people who can help us achieve our vision.
We believe in betting on young people who- re very curious, extremely ambitious, relentlessly resourceful, can pick up new skills quickly and are willing to do whatever is needed to win. The kind of people who will thrive & grow at DB Digital are those who believe life is short; there's no time to waste and value learning and self evolution over anything else. You will be working with a small team of some awesome, like minded people with an excellent culture which enables all of the above and also be learning the basics of building great products that solve real problems for millions of Indians - at a setup very similar to that of an early stage consumer technology startup - ideal if you want to start something of your own in the future.
How We Work:
This is our set of values that all of us adhere to and believe in. Everyone in the team exhibits these and these define how we take any decisions at every level - be it business or product or anything else.
- Have a Founder Mentality: Act as if you are the founder. Treat this like your own baby. No excuses. No blame games. Just deliver with clear results.
- Obsess over the Customer: Do the right thing for the customer, always. Innovate on their behalf by understanding their problems, needs and aspirations deeply.
- Value Data over Egos & Opinions: Use all available data and insights for any decisions you make. Build hypotheses, run experiments, iterate. Repeat.
- Always be Hustling: Hustle like your life depends on it. Be relentlessly resourceful. Play with the cards you've been dealt, and win.
- Be Bold. Have Courage: Be ambitious. Have courage. Make bold bets. Do not stick to the status quo. Try new things. It's okay to fail.
- Be an Awesome Team Player: Do not optimize for yourself, optimize for the team. Disagree openly, be transparent, but fully commit and execute on whatever the team decides.
- Be Curious & Open Minded: Have intellectual humility. Always be learning new things. Curiosity is your biggest advantage.