Head - BU(Talent Acquisition) at Analytics India Magazine
Views:241 Applications:47 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Data Scientist - Time Series Forecasting Expert - Management Consulting Firm (5-8 yrs)
Data Scientist - Time Series Forecasting Expert - Bangalore Area
Experience : 5 to 7 years
Department : Digital
About the Company :
Founded in 2015, Thoucentric is a niche management Consulting Company Focused Around You. Our Purpose is to be a company focused on business drivers of the customer - cost / quality / revenue. We are a group of successful seasoned professionals. We come from large global organizations, captives, consulting companies; having in depth experience in managing large scale programs & complex consulting assignments and projects. Team represents experience from both sides of the spectrum: Consulting and customers alike.
Thoucentric focuses on solving complex business problems either through process or technology solutions. Thoucentric is technology/tool agnostic and strategically focuses on creating partner networks and alliances to offer solutions customized to the specific needs of it`s clients. Thoucentric has tied up with both promising start-ups as well as large global technology corporations. As a part of global expansion strategy, Thoucentric have local presence in Singapore, Australia, US & UK.
Role Summary :
They are looking for Data Scientists to help them create innovative machine learning solutions. Data Scientist responsibilities include understanding the business problem and experimenting with different modelling architectures to create the best possible setup from model performance as well as computational performance. To do this job successfully, you need exceptional skills in Machine Learning and Programming. Your goal will be to find the best data-based solution for the problem at hand.
Please apply only if you have strong hands-on experience in developing and successfully deploying basic to advanced Time Series Forecasting Models.
Job Description :
- Understanding business objectives and formulate the problem as a Data Science problem
- Expert level proficiency in Multivariate Time Series Forecasting or Causal Forecasting
- Develop and maintain robust data processing pipelines and reproducible modelling pipelines
- Explore data and communicate insights clearly to non-technical as well as technical audience
- Analyze experimental results, iterate and refine models to create significant business impact
- In-depth understanding of classical statistical forecasting algorithms like ARIMA, ETS, etc. as well as new age algorithms like Prophet.
- Proven experience is handling Time Series Forecasting using standard Regression algorithms like Linear Regression, Gradient Boosted Decision Trees, Random forest, etc.
- Good practical knowledge with Sequence Models in Deep Learning, like LSTMs, Transformers, etc. especially in the context of Time Series Forecasting.
- Proficiency with at least one Deep Learning Framework such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.
- Ability to guide and mentor junior Data Scientists on solution development.
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in a Quantitative discipline, preferably Computer Science
- >4 years- experience in data science/Analytics roles
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or similar role
- Expert ability to write robust code in Python
- Expert skill at manipulating dataframes using Pandas and arrays using Numpy
- Familiarity with standard machine learning libraries (like scikit-learn, StatsModels)
- Deep Learning Frameworks like Tensorflow, PyTorch etc.
- Completed Projects on Time Series Forecasting, beyond statistical algorithms like ARIMA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You take complete ownership of your work and are self-driven
Good to Have :
- Familiarity in working with Azure, AWS, GCP etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra
- Experience with containerizing applications using Docker