Recruiter at Diversity and Inclusion Consulting
Views:133 Applications:21 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Data Scientist - Pharma (8-14 yrs)
Hiring LGBT Talent Only (LGBT means Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Bicurious, Pansexual) - OUT or CLOSETED
Overall responsibilities :
- Business and data understanding: Working with other data scientists, you know how to build your understanding of the business context, systems, environment, strategy and people aligned to the given area. This also includes an understanding of the relevant internal and external high-volume data sources, validity and domains of such data to align with the intended business objective. \
- You will conduct data acquisition from multiple data sources and wrangle data sets selecting appropriate techniques, such as parsing, or an algorithm, to create a data structure relevant to the problem. This can include but not limited to techniques such as ETL batch processing, streaming ingestion, scrapers, APIs and crawlers.
NOTE : Adjust here based on your teams process of identifying DS project scope. Could also be the case, for example, "After receiving an explorative brief, you will build your understanding of the business context, systems, environment, strategy and people to convert it into a valued deliverable."
Data preparation : You will create required data set(s) utilizing your understanding of complex business problems, data formats, applicability of the data to the problem and standard modelling techniques. You can perform techniques to validate the quality of the data, and can fuse data from various sources using knowledge of data pre-processing techniques.
Modelling : For the intended business objective, you can utilize advanced modelling techniques, such as predictive modelling, advanced clustering, association rules, to create a model or models that perform to particular requirements and specifications. You are able to anticipate how a model's requirements or the available data, might change over time and be able to design a product that will be able to cope with these requirements.
Test & validate the model: You are able to apply best practice model fit testing, tuning and validation techniques, such as chi square, ROC curve, root mean square error, to assess model performance, compare results from various methodologies and suggest improvements. You both give and seek feedback and ideas with others from across differing business areas, as relevant, to create better products and continually advance your data science skills.
Communication of insights: You are able to design rich data visualisations and use them to communicate complex messages to business leaders in a clear and simple way, with the ability to respond effectively to challenges.
In the role, you will:
Work in a stimulating and supportive environment; Be part of a dynamic, growing community of data analysts and data scientists; Have career-long access to our Data Academy - a dedicated, tailored learning programme that blends your on-the-job learning with targeted coaching, peer-to-peer mentoring, expert-led workshops and a network of learning providers; Work on high impact strategic priorities; deploy large, varied data-sets to tackle analytics challenges; Be at the forefront of data and analytics transformation
Core and Technical Competencies, to be successful in this role, you should:
- Be curious and passionate about creative thinking and data innovation, enjoy problem solving and have empathy for the problems you are challenged to solve.
- Be accountable for driving projects and improvement activities through value delivery for leaders from across different business areas;
- Be able to compile, integrate and analyse data from multiple sources to answer business questions.
- Have the ability to conceptualize, formulate, prototype and implement algorithms to solve complex business problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate complex data science concepts to a variety of stakeholders.
- Have the ability to plan and execute value measurement of data work, in order to demonstrate and improve results.
- Possess practical experience developing and implementing machine learning on large data sets.
- Have knowledge in mining large & complex data sets using R, Python, SQL etc. from a multitude of environments such as cloud, Hadoop clusters, NoSQL or Spark (
- Understand statistical modelling techniques and the mathematical foundations of applied ML and AI algorithms and models.
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum BS degree in STEM subjects (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Engineering, Mathematics, Chemistry)
- Total 8 to 14 yers of IT relevant experience from reputed IT company
- ~6-8+ years of experience of working in Data Science or related role
- Hands on experience on any Clould Platform - preferable Azure
- Working knowledge cloud based and local data science frameworks and toolkits.
- Working knowledge and experience of project management methodologies, include Agile methodologies and the hypothesis-driven approach
- Have a practical understanding of Machine Learning, Deep Learning and natural language understanding/processing or speech recognition (if applicable)
- Experience of building large scale machine learning systems (if applicable)
- Exposure to Cuda, pyTorch or TensorFlow. (fill in as applicable)
- Nice to have experience of working in Finance/ Procurement domain.
- Advanced degree in STEM subjects (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Engineering, Mathematics, Chemistry)
- Experience in handling large enterprise implementation of algorithms and data. Add other tools, systems, etc.
- We value diversity (Gender, LGBTQ +, PwD etc.) and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
- Hiring LGBT Talent Only (LGBT means Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Bicurious, Pansexual) - OUT or CLOSETED
If you are from the LGBT Community then only apply to the job.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.