Associate Consultant at CareerNet Consulting
Views:8327 Applications:660 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:416
Data Scientist - Machine Learning - BFS (3-6 yrs)
Job Description :
- The job holder is required to ensure the provision of complete, true and accurate analysis and report to functional management and senior executives under minimum supervision of his / her line manager, in order to facilitate effective decision making.
- The nature of work will require the role holder to take quick decisions in situations where complete information/data might not exist and he/she would need to apply business knowledge & intuition to make best case recommendations
- The role holder shall also be expected to guide and Analysts / Associate Analysts from a functional perspective and help them gain business understanding.
- In this role, the job holder will be under partial supervision and will undergo on the job training, however it is vital that the person in this role is able to learn new tasks very quickly.
- The role holder will be expected to execute on tasks/projects, once provided initial directional guidance. The role holder shall be expected to solve complex technical/business problems on his/her own without involving his/her line manager. The role holder will be expected to be responsible for thorough quality check (QC) of their own deliverables, and follow the departmental QC procedures as laid down by their line managers. They will also be expected to create departmental QC guidelines & ensure their adherence by his/her functional reports
- The role holder shall also be expected to be the primary SPOC for their assigned projects, for the business partner when required.
- In this role, they are supposed to set the correct expectations with respect to deliverables, TAT, follow ups etc. They are expected to actively manage the projects and bring to light potential road blocks
- 3-6 years of hands-on experience using statistical concepts & machine learning models to solve complex business problems
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Management or other quantative fieds of study
- Proficiency in R,Python, Jupyter, SAS Programming languages, SQL and MS Office suite knowledge is preferred
- Exposure to open source tools like Tensor Flow and cloud analytics platform such as GCP, AWS Redshift, Azure etc. will be added advantage
- Good Knowledge and experience in data mining techniques such as (but not limited to ) GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, Clustering, Decision Tree, text mining, network analysis, Deep learning, etc.
- Experience with unstructured "Big Data", including free text, social media, images and other unconventional data sources
- Well versed with querying hadoop environment using Spark, Pig/ Hive, can develop and use existing algorithms in SAS/ Python/ R
- Experience with cloud/ server environment set up for distributed computing will be an added advantage along with spark and scala experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to develop and effectively communicate complex concepts and ideas