Data Scientist - Insurance (1-8 yrs)
We are looking for a go getter person who can define:
- Analytic strategies to meet the demands of business requirements
- Technical requirements of the analytic solutions
- Data requirements of the analytic solution processes
- The person will be part of the Data Science team for a major Insurance client. He/ She will work with different stakeholders as SME for data engineering/data science work.
- Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often needs to develop new solutions
- A typical workday will involve working with stakeholders in individual contributors and upscaling the quality of team's deliverables.
- The person will also be required to participate actively in brainstorming sessions for improvement opportunities and take it to completion
- A suitable candidate should have 5-8 years of experience in a similar role and should possess a go -getter attitude. He/ She should be able to deal with ambiguity.
- Experience in insurance preferred but not mandatory.
Key Responsibilities & Skillsets:
- 5+ years of experience in analytics, machine learning, advanced statistical techniques, AI and AWS
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Experience in managing Python codes and collaborating with customer on model evolution
- Excellent in project management, team management and conflict management skills
- Statistical/Machine learning methodologies: Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, Time series, Cluster analysis, Random Forest, Gradient Boosting Algorithm, SVM, KNN, Weighted KNN, PCA, Na- ve Bayes, Text analytics, deep learning, IDE/Tools RStudio, Python, Oracle
- Checking for assumptions like linearity, multicollinearity, autocorrelation & heteroscedasticity etc. Also worked on Time series Analysis (ARIMA)
- Bachelor- s/Master's degree in economics, mathematics, actuarial sciences, computer science/engineering, operations research or related analytics areas; candidates with BA/BS degrees in the same fields from the top tier academic institutions are also welcome to apply
- Strong and in-depth understanding of statistics
- Data analysis experience
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in fast pace continuously evolving environment and ready to take up uphill challenges
- Is able to understand cross-cultural differences and can work with clients across the globe
- Work closely with stakeholder for requirements feasibility, reporting, estimation, technical discussions and providing business solution
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.