Director at Qikhire
Views:2779 Applications:172 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:144
Data Scientist - EdTech Startup (2-3 yrs)
Data Scientist (Recommendation engines/ Search Relevance)
FIRM : Well funded ed tech start up
LOCATION : NCR
ROLE: Data scientist or engineer who has specifically worked on RECOMMENDATION ENGINES, SEARCH RELEVANCE ETC
We are looking for a Search Relevance Engineer who can be a part of our search team to improve relevance of match result and recommendations. You will be a part of team creating great product on E Learning domain.
- Should be doing multiple iterations to improve recommended content etc- that is, to get the most appropriate reommendations from our database.
- Use NLP and/or other algorithms to identify the context of the search.
- Identify and implement the best search strategy for the given context.
- Liaise with the Product and content team to understand problems with search/recommendations and identify opportunities to make it better.
- Develop new ranking features and techniques and build upon the latest results from the research community.
- Extensive experience with building recommendation engines.
- Hands-on experience in positions focused on Machine Learning, Information Retrieval.
- Experience in implementing mathematical models and algorithms to improve search results
- Expertise in collecting, cleansing and reshaping unstructured/raw datasets.
- Good understanding of Data structures and algorithms and ability to write high performance code.
- Experience in Python, Scala or similar languages is a plus.
- Additional points for previous experience building search pipelines with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Additional points for knowledge of Lucene internals.