Manager - Risk/Digital & Analytics Practice at Michael Page India
Views:17419 Applications:114 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:82
Data Scientist - eCommerce Retail Firm - IIT/NIT/BITS/DCE/NSIT (4-7 yrs)
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading online retail e-commerce players and have solid growth & expansion plans. They are significantly increasing their tech-investments in Big-data Analytics as the base for Data-Science in Mumbai and are looking to hire a solid analytics professional having good experience in the data sciences domain.
You will report to the Head of Analytics & Business Intelligence and be responsible for:
- Deliver Predictive Analytics, Data Mining and Machine Learning driven solutions for the business/ marketing/ tech functions
- Building required statistical models to predict, optimize, and guide various aspects of business based on available data
- Developing predictive models with large and varied data sets, working with a community of colleagues across verticals
- Handling large volume of data every day on online platform
- Distributed Computing technologies to analyse large data sets (in TB) using Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, etc
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant you must have:
- B.tech from Tier 1 College like IITs/NITs/BITS/DCE/NSIT only
- 3+ years of Programming experience in Python/Java/Matlab etc.
- Hands on experience in time-series analysis and implications on how to model and test.
- Proficiency in Regression, Decision Trees, CART, Random Forest, Boosting, Evolutionary Programming, Neural Networks, Fuzzy Systems, Bayesian Belief Networks, Support Vector Machines, Ensemble Methods, Association Rules, Singular Value Decomposition, Principal Component Analysis, and Clustering.
- Exposure to Collaborative Filtering, Personalization, Consumer Segmentation, Text Analytics, Information Retrieval, Search Relevance.
- Solid data management and statistical modeling skills: SAS, R, Mahout, Matlab, Python (SciPy, NumPy), SQL and Excel.
- Experience with Big Data. Distributed computing (e.g. map/reduce) is a plus, especially Hadoop, Mahout, Pig.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing e-commerce giants and drive their technology innovations.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.