Manager - Risk/Digital & Analytics Practice at Michael Page India
Views:1421 Applications:30 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Data Scientist - eCommerce Domain - Retail (5-10 yrs)
About Our Client
Our client is a leading retail player that is venturing into the e-commerce domain.
As part of the core Data Sciences team, you will be using data science related methods and tools to create results and insights that will accelerate the transformation of our business model and to work with business specialists.
Some of your major responsibilities will be:
- Participate in data science projects, be hands-on and build statistical models and digital solutions to extract value and create actionable recommendations.
- Identify and operationalize valuable insights from the data into business and digital applications.
- Partner with internal/external stakeholders, product owners and team members and drive product development plans.
- Drive methodological innovations into data science and digital products in the customer analytics, supply chain, Internet-of-Things, asset optimization, operations optimization and similar domains.
The Successful Applicant
As an ideal candidate you need to have:
- A total of 5-10 years of industry experience with at least 5 years of experience in building data science models and products, ideally for a product/industrial company.
- M.Sc./M.Tech or PhD in statistics, mathematics, econometrics, computer science, physics or related field.
- A background or profile in Data Science, quantitative methods, predictive modeling, statistics or similar.
- Excellent track record of delivery using languages like Python, R, Java, and technologies like Hadoop, Git/SVN, JIRA etc. Exposure to IoT/Telematics will be an added advantage.
- Good Familiarity with Agile / Scrum practices; played the role of scrum master, a good team player, balanced with the autonomy and motivation to produce individually.
- Willingness to build on and experiment with cloud data science platforms, in addition to our own services.
- Ability to effectively communicate data science results and analytics value to business stakeholders.
What's on Offer
Excellent Opportunity to work in a hands-on data sciences role using cutting-edge tools and technology.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.