Talent Acquisition at Talent 1st
Views:181 Applications:34 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Data Scientist - BFS (3-8 yrs)
Data Science (Banking & Financial Services)
Experience: Min 3 years
Location: Gurgaon (Hybrid Working)
- SQL / SAS
- Decision Tree
- Regression Modeling
The Company is a Data Science, Machine Learning, and Advanced Analytics services organization. They develop sophisticated predictive models; designs machine learning algorithms, and create data-driven business strategies with a deep expertise in the financial services sector.
Our client is a leading provider of Machine Learning and Data Science services; it is expanding its US presence by opening a delivery center in Los Angeles. The Company has experienced phenomenal growth, both in terms of its Clientele and the size of its Data Scientist team.
It's VC-funded, ISO-27001 certified, and their leaders are often quoted by leading global publications such as Forbes, CIO magazine, Venture Beat, Fox Business, Information Week, etc.
Their clients are in North America, Australia, UK, and Asia, and include multinational banks, fintech companies, credit unions, specialty lenders, and insurance firms.
They are looking for top-notch professionals for leadership roles in Data Sciences and Analytics consulting. This is a great opportunity for people who are looking to solve challenges of the Banking & Financial Services (BFSI) space using deep tech, ML, and AI.
This is a client facing role, wherein you will work directly with CEOs, CMOs, CROs, and Heads of P&L of leading BFSI firms across geographies and will have complete ownership of projects. You will work alongside and lead some of the sharpest minds of the country. You will directly engage with clients to assess requirements, design sophisticated solutions using predictive models & machine learning algorithms, develop business strategies, and present your findings to client leadership & get organizational alignment. If you like the overlap of business, math, and technology, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, this role is tailor made for you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Lead analytical thought process and delivery on projects:
- Lead brainstorming sessions, create analytical plan, provide guidance to junior team members, identify value creation areas, evaluate predictive models & algorithms, pressure test approaches & outcomes, be responsible for quality control. Own client communication and project delivery:
- "Front-end" the relationship with clients, craft the overall "story", make presentations to clients, liaise with client team members, ensure smooth delivery of projects, be the "go to" person for one/more projects
2. Drive growth of people and of the firm:
- Supervise the work of others, provide career mentorship to junior team members, be involved in hiring activities, lead internal R&D projects, identify internal innovation areas
Experience and skills:
- This position requires a Minimum of 3 years of Core Analytics Experience.
- Education: Graduate of one of the following colleges, however, client is also
- Open to other engineering colleges and business schools if rest of the profile is superlative
- Undergrad: IITs (Bombay, Delhi, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Roorkee, Chennai, BHU), BITS Pilani, SRCC, St. Stephen's, LSR, ISI
- Grad (MBA/PGDM etc): Preferred Business Schools - IIMs (Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Lucknow), ISB, XLRI.
Tools & Skills:
- Expert Level at Database querying tools (such as SQL / SAS) and at MS-Excel
- Intermediate/Expert at developing predictive models (e.g. linear regression, logistic regression, decision trees, etc)
- Expert in written and spoken English.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.