Data Protection Officer/Manager - Compliance - Inhouse (7-8 yrs)
The Compliance Manager will oversee the legal compliance function, adherence to applicable laws and regulations accepted business practices, and internal standards. As a Data Protection Officer, monitors data practices to ensure.
- National and international laws and regulations that pertain to it,
- Professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal standards.
- Supporting the Director and Senior Leadership Team to promote a culture of compliance across the school.
- Working with leadership and concerned stakeholders to raise awareness of and reduce regulatory risk.
- Advise leadership on legal issues and compliance matters.
- Keep leadership and concerned stakeholders informed of new changes in a law that may affect or relate to school operations.
Data Protection Officer :
- Implementing measures and a privacy governance framework to manage data collection and processing, including developing consent templates for data collection, assisting with data mapping etc.
- Working with key internal stakeholders in the review of projects and related data to ensure compliance with data privacy laws, and where necessary, complete and advise on privacy impact assessments.
- Inform and advise the (the data controller) and employees (data processors) on how to comply with data protection laws (including GDPR).
- Raise awareness and provide staff training for any employees involved with data handling and processing activities.