Director at HuQuo Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Views:183 Applications:37 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Data Modeler Architect - Financial Services (5-12 yrs)
Data Modeler Responsibilities :
As a data modeler, you will be responsible to understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long term solutions.
- Responsible for working with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
- Recognize the need for a specific relational design (OLTP, OLAP) from a set of requirements.
- To create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
- To Maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding to ensure consistency in data models.
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
- Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
Data Modeler skillset requirements:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Data Modeler.
- Experience in Financial Services and specifically within data domains / functions (e.g. Data Management, Data Architecture, Data Governance).
- Experience in data modeling tools like Erwin, Visual Paradigm, ER Studio
- Experience in Dimensional data modeling, Entity Relationship (ER) data modeling.
- Good experience with at least one cloud platform like AWS or GCP or Azure.
- Experience using Database platforms like Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Data Management tools and techniques.