Associate Consultant at Indusion Consulting Services Pvt Ltd
Views:160 Applications:40 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Data Analytics Role - Investment Bank (3-6 yrs)
Indusion Consulting is a leading executive search firm based in India.
The following position is for one of our top clients, a leading global investment bank's Investment Research Centre of Excellence based in Mumbai.
Role and Responsibilities:
The role will require working on multiple data intensive projects for different onshore analysts across regions. These short to medium term research projects will cover the entire life cycle of an Analytics project - Developing Business Understanding, Data Mining, Data Cleaning, Data Exploration, Feature Engineering, Predictive Modelling and Data Visualization with the end goal being creation of best in class differentiated research on the street.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Translate business questions to data-driven analysis.
- Participate in designing targeted solutions to identified business questions
Load, manipulate and visualize data
- Collect, process and enrich data of different formats from multiple sources using a variety of technologies and platforms
- Analyze the data using various analytics models and toolsBuild models, draw insights, build and present reports, visual presentations which are tailored to different stakeholders.
Bachelors or Masters with emphasis on one or more of the following: data sciences, big data, computer science, computer engineering, statistics, mathematics or equivalent quantitative discipline.
- Minimum one year experience with Big Data solutions and analytical / reporting techniques
Financial industry knowledge; an understanding of, and keen interest in, the Research and/or financial markets industry highly desirable
- Total work experience of at least 5 years
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Advanced Excel including VBA
- Experience with Advanced data modelling - predictive models and machine learning algorithms, econometrics
- Scripting experience in Java, Python
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, ETL and data visualization/BI tools like Power BI/Tableau
- Exposure to Web scraping, Text analytics & Survey analysis will be advantageous.
- Experience with scripting in statistical program languages such as R, SAS, Matlab, Dp/Scooby advantageous
- Experience in Big Data (Hadoop ecosystem) will be a plus. Ability to gather, validate, and analyze large complex information sets; understand the meaning of the data and how it applies to end users; identify and trouble-shoot / problem solve issues with data or results.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business requirements and provide data to help observe trends and identify anomalies
Independent, highly motivated self-learner.
- Demonstrated report development skills; ability to design and develop reports based on business requirements and optimal user experience.
- Excellent verbal, comprehension and written communication skills (English) for technical and business audiences. Ability to work well in a team with diverse skills located around the world.
- Detail oriented who takes pride in hard work. Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Capable of working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment while sensitively managing confidential information
- Strong client focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Strong interpersonal skills for dealing with companies and overseas colleagues.
- Ability to work under time constraints, handling multiple priorities, with minimal supervision, and in a team environment.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.