Dasra - Manager - Knowledge Creation & Dissemination (9-13 yrs)
Dasra is India's leading strategic philanthropy foundation with an 18-year track record of advising leading philanthropists, foundations and high-impact NGOs - enabling them to create lasting and systemic impact across the country.
With a team of 100+ professionals and a presence in Mumbai, New York, and San Francisco, Dasra has changed the face of Indian philanthropy by:
- Directing over INR 350 CR in funding commitments to the social sector
- Engaging 3,000 philanthropists, multi-lateral agencies and corporate foundations
- Partnering with organizations such as Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives, Bank of America, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Nilekani Philanthropies, Omidyar Network, Tata Trusts, USAID
- Publishing 68 research reports and white papers across various causes and sectors
- Evaluating over 2,000 non-profit organizations and social businesses
- Advising and growing 730 non-profit organizations and social businesses
- As part of the Knowledge Creation and Dissemination team, the person is expected to lead projects that provide insights on critical socio-economic issues in India, build Dasra's thought leadership within the sector and contribute to strategic and sustainable giving to non-profits in India.
- The candidate is also expected to mentor and lead a team of personnel to execute on strategy and project plans, as well as contribute to team and organization-level management activities such as staffing, reporting, and internal taskforces.
- Finally, the candidate will work with individuals and teams across the organization and bring insights on KCD's progress and needs, to ensure it maintains a cutting edge role at Dasra. This is a roll-up-your-sleeves role for a highly flexible, dynamic and energetic individual, with a passion for transformative social change.
- Manage research, knowledge management and knowledge development processes for Dasra
- Oversee the end-to-end creation of knowledge products across areas of Adolescents, Sanitation and others, involving secondary research, expert interviews and synthesizing of data from multiple sources
- Create and present recommendations for philanthropic investment to donors
- Mentor and lead a team of personnel to execute on strategy and operational plans, with or without a formal reporting relationship
- Recruit, train, support and develop team members
- Manage cross-functional teams, as required, throughout the organization
- Contribute to team- and organization-level management activities such as staffing, reporting, internal taskforces
- Build and manage relationships with non-profits and knowledge partners
Desired Skills & Experience
- 9+ years of experience in the Indian and/or international development sector with a focus on research, consulting, writing, knowledge management and multi-stakeholder engagement.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the development sector and policy landscape in India.
- Experience managing complex, long-term projects, with a wide range of stakeholders, while managing budgets and adhering to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong commitment and ability to develop a team and nurture talent to deliver excellent results
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with different groups, including senior management, donors, non-profit partners, technical partners and various teams within and outside the organization - a relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence"
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a willingness and ability to build systems and processes, work independently, bring structure, as well as think and act creatively in a resource constrained environment.
- Flexibility and open-mindedness to work in fast-moving and dynamic work environment