Employee at Dalmia Cement Bharat Limited
Views:1394 Applications:318 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Dalmia Cement Bharat - Head - Treasury (15-20 yrs)
- Strategic Planning & Investments; Cash flow management and risk management Lead and frame the overall strategy for the treasury function for DCBL in line with the long-term outlook and objectives of the business Develop investment strategy in line with market conditions and risk appetite of the organization.
- Get approval from the CFO on the investments/ deployment of surplus funds in most appropriate financial instruments or any other vehicle as per the need of the hour.
- Build strategy for the forex management as per corporate policy to reduce currency risk Review and finalize Treasury budget prepared in coordination with Functional Heads at the corporate level.
- Manage the investment portfolio so as to maximize yield over the long term in line with the overall asset-liability management strategies.
- Build an understanding of the market scenario and industry trends for investments.
- Advise CFO about the implications of these in the short, mid and long term for the company.
- Ensure that the global best practices in technology in treasury systems/ processes are adopted and institutionalized.
- Drive the credit rating exercises through domestic/international rating agencies.
- Manage fund flows and working capital for ensuring optimum allocation and utilization of funds.
- Review actual and Projected cash flow projections periodically to make modification as per requirements.
- Ensure profitability for the business from all treasury activities within risk parameters and regulations.
- Enable the organization to manage cash/ fund flow so as to be self-sufficient in a structured manner Identify risks due to exposure to foreign exchange rate fluctuations, interest rate liquidity and other counterparts.
- Take diligent steps to reduce or neutralize these risks and ensure that adequate funds are available at cheaper rates to meet payment obligation.
- Monitor implementation of hedging strategies for risk mitigation of foreign currency exposure by taking forward covers, swaps and options etc. as per the corporate policy
- Take initiatives to drive growth for DCBL and ensure sustained growth in line with long-term and short-term objectives of the organization.
- Ensure initiation and sensitization of the employees towards digitization and automation of the processes.
- Focus on utilization of advanced business analytics tools to derive key insights critical for the success of the organization.
- Collaborations/Partnerships and Compliance Liaise with banks and financial institutions in all matters of credit, funding, and cash investment.
- Provide inputs to the top management on the recommendations from the business expansion team for appraisal for proposals for mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures Ensure the integrity and smooth transfer of financial data, maintenance of legal documentation and prudential controls.
- Ensure compliance with treasury controls and procedures Ensure implementation and maintenance of all controls as per SOX.
- Self/ Team Development Review and monitor performance of team members and provide requisite developmental support/ inputs Recommend training as required for teams' development.
- Develop the team and update their knowledge base to cater the organization need Strategize avenues for enhancing employee satisfaction in the function, resulting in high engagement levels of employees.