Manager - Business Strategy at Confidential
Views:3782 Applications:83 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Daily Food - Financial Controller (8-10 yrs)
Job purpose :
The purpose of this position is to manage and direct daily accounting activities, ensuring that proper accounting and recording of company transactions are performed in an accurate and timely manner; and facilitate & produce key financials and other relevant reports for management.
Job description :
- Manage all financial accounting operations including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Treasury, General Ledger, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Recognition and Payroll Accounting.
- Oversees and manage month-end closing and year-end closing and direct, co-ordinate and assigns duties to the accounting staffs as needed
- Ensure that all required and relevant data and information are available with Financial Planning & Analysis team on time in order to facilitate to prepare and publish monthly internal financial statements as per agreed schedule.
- Prepare and release monthly unaudited Financial Statements to Group CFO on time.
- Maintains & reconciles the fixed assets to the general ledger
- Coordinates year-end audit with external auditors and assists in the preparation of audit schedules, data and information
- Works closely with the accounting staffs to coordinate efforts to provide needed information for the auditors
- Conducts internal audit of the processes, records and information.
- Directs the implementation of needed corrections as determined by audit
- Works closely with Banks and Financial institutions concerning banking activities and ensure smooth functioning of treasury function
- Responsible for general liability insurance renewals and amendments
- Evaluates departmental performance and makes adjustments to daily operations when needed to ensure the department meets overall goals and objectives
- Provides training, guidance and directions to accounting staffs to ensure work is performed in an efficient, timely and knowledgeable manner
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Manage and comply with government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Work on special projects as needed
- On time monthly closing of books of accounts
- Accuracy and completeness of the PTD & YTD Trial Balance
- Adherence of supplier payment plan
- On time release of financials to Group CFO
- On time compliance of tax and other Government requirement
- On time closure of annual audit
- Manage financial costs within budget
Required Skills and/or Competencies :
- Having good Work Standards (Business Insight)
- Self-driven and result oriented
- Problem solving ability
Experience & Qualifications :
- 8-10 yrs. post qualification experience with Professional degree in Accounting
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.