Assistant Manager - Business Strategy at Daily Food Company
Views:1973 Applications:54 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Daily Food - Financial Controller (8-10 yrs)
Job purpose :
The purpose of this position is to manage and direct daily accounting activities, ensuring that proper accounting and recording of company transactions are performed in an accurate and timely manner; and facilitate & produce key financials and other relevant reports for management.
Job description :
- Manage all financial accounting operations including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Treasury, General Ledger, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Recognition and Payroll Accounting.
- Oversees and manage month-end closing and year-end closing and direct, co-ordinate and assigns duties to the accounting staffs as needed
- Ensure that all required and relevant data and information are available with Financial Planning & Analysis team on time in order to facilitate to prepare and publish monthly internal financial statements as per agreed schedule.
- Prepare and release monthly unaudited Financial Statements to Group CFO on time.
- Maintains & reconciles the fixed assets to the general ledger
- Coordinates year-end audit with external auditors and assists in the preparation of audit schedules, data and information
- Works closely with the accounting staffs to coordinate efforts to provide needed information for the auditors
- Conducts internal audit of the processes, records and information.
- Directs the implementation of needed corrections as determined by audit
- Works closely with Banks and Financial institutions concerning banking activities and ensure smooth functioning of treasury function
- Responsible for general liability insurance renewals and amendments
- Evaluates departmental performance and makes adjustments to daily operations when needed to ensure the department meets overall goals and objectives
- Provides training, guidance and directions to accounting staffs to ensure work is performed in an efficient, timely and knowledgeable manner
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Manage and comply with government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Work on special projects as needed
- On time monthly closing of books of accounts
- Accuracy and completeness of the PTD & YTD Trial Balance
- Adherence of supplier payment plan
- On time release of financials to Group CFO
- On time compliance of tax and other Government requirement
- On time closure of annual audit
- Manage financial costs within budget
Required Skills and/or Competencies :
- Having good Work Standards (Business Insight)
- Self-driven and result oriented
- Problem solving ability
Experience & Qualifications :
- 8-10 yrs. post qualification experience with Professional degree in Accounting