President & MD at Customized Energy Solutions India Pvt. Ltd.
Views:8251 Applications:251 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:101
Customized Energy Solutions - Analyst/Senior Analyst - International Market Research - Emerging Technologies (2-8 yrs)
- Providing primary or secondary market research required for Emerging Technologies consulting work for North American electricity markets. The data required includes but not limited market size, prices, market landscape related to wholesale electricity markets and retail electricity markets.
- Contribute to reviewing and checking the analytical work of the Emerging Tech team by reviewing and cleaning raw data, checking for spreadsheet errors, and contributing to actual analytical work as competence allows.
- StorageIQ service: One of CES- flagship services (Market IQ) is to provide detailed information to clients about the ongoing stakeholder processes of the seven U.S. Regional Transmission Organizations / Independent System Operators (RTO/ISO, or just - RTO- for convenience), as well as similar efforts in Canada and Mexico. The Emerging Tech team, building off of this service, provides a more narrowly tailored service called Storage IQ designed to narrow the reporting focus to just those topics pertinent to advanced energy storage system developers and operators. This position may, depending on need, be tasked with:
- Learning the overall design of one or two RTO markets
- Under the supervision of a more senior consultant, reviewing the content of Market IQ reports, as well as participating directly in storage specific stakeholder meetings, to glean material relevant to storage, edit it into a monthly report, and add analysis of the meaning of this material as competence to do so develops.
Required and Preferred Qualifications -
- Relevant college degree or equivalent experience required
- Knowledge of energy storage concepts including: grid level storage, behind the meter storage, energy storage and battery technology, renewables pairing, and energy storage dispatch modeling preferred.
- Usual working hours 1 to 9 pm to interface with US clients and colleagues. Flexibility to accommodate US work required.
- Knowledge of RTO/ISO markets preferred.
- Strong English writing skills required
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills required
- Experience writing under tight deadlines preferred
- Strong English verbal communication skills required
- Group presentation skills preferred
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively required
- Business development orientation preferred
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic required!