President & MD at Customized Energy Solutions India Pvt. Ltd.
Views:1002 Applications:54 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:44
Customized Energy Solutions - Analyst/Senior Analyst - Emerging Technologies (2-8 yrs)
Position Responsibilities :
- Providing primary or secondary market research and analytical work required for Emerging Technologies consulting services for North American electricity markets. The data required includes but not limited to energy market size, prices, market landscape related to wholesale electricity markets and retail electricity markets as well as emerging technologies such as energy storage.
- Contribute to preparing draft deliverables and checking the analytical work of the Emerging Tech team by reviewing and cleaning raw data, executing code in scripting languages such as python, tweaking basic functionalities in code, checking for spreadsheet errors, and contributing to actual analytical work as competence allows.
- StorageIQ service: One of CES- flagship services (Market IQ) is to provide detailed information to clients about the ongoing stakeholder processes of the seven U.S. Regional Transmission Organizations / Independent System Operators (RTO/ISO, or just - RTO- for convenience), as well as similar efforts in Canada and Mexico. The Emerging Tech team, building off of this service, provides a more narrowly tailored service called Storage IQ designed to narrow the reporting focus to just those topics pertinent to advanced energy storage system developers and operators. This position may, depending on need, be tasked with:
- Learning the overall design of one or two RTO markets
- Under the supervision of a more senior consultant, reviewing the content of Market IQ reports, as well as participating directly in storage specific stakeholder meetings, to glean material relevant to storage, edit it into a monthly report, and add analysis of the meaning of this material as competence to do so develops.
- Relevant college degree or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Exposure to common concepts of electric utilities business, energy markets, energy storage - in front of the meter and behind the meter, renewable energy or microgrids is required.
- Exposure to common programming/scripting concepts and comfort using and tweaking written code
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills and expertise with spreadsheet functionalities
- Strong English writing and verbal communication skills
- Usual working hours 1 to 9 pm to interface with US clients and colleagues. Flexibility to accommodate varying workloads and ability to support work in US time zones.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with remotely located staff
- Most importantly, a positive attitude, strong work ethic and accountability to assigned responsibilities is required!
- Knowledge of advanced energy storage concepts including: grid level storage, behind the meter storage, energy storage and battery technology, renewables pairing, and energy storage dispatch modeling preferred.
- Knowledge of US RTO/ISO markets, utilities business preferred.
- Experience writing under tight deadlines preferred
- Group presentation skills preferred
- Business development and consultative orientation preferred