Recruitment Team at Cushman & Wakefield
Views:2073 Applications:194 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Cushman & Wakefield - Senior Manager - Legal (7-8 yrs)
Job Profile :
- Reporting to Director/ Head- Legal. This position is to support Legal Dept. of the Company and its subsidiaries on PAN India basis.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Contract Management : Proficiency in Contract drafting/ vetting, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Drafting/ Vetting/ negotiations : Drafting legal notices, MOUs/ LOIs, NDAs, Lease Deeds, etc. and other agreements with a focus on Risk Mitigation and final closure of the same during client calls.
- Experience in handling Project Management Agreements, Design & Build Agreements, Maintenance Contracts, Property Management Contracts, lease agreements, Property maintenance agreements, Consultancy agreements, Valuations contract.
- Litigation Management : Coordination with external counsels and internal business departments for litigation matters, maintaining trackers and reporting the same to APAC.
- Corporate Governance : Work with Finance Department, external counsels, company secretaries, auditors, etc. for corporate governance, secretarial work, etc.
- Research/ Regulatory - Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives.
- Interprets, understands and applies relevant laws, legal and regulatory systems, principles and practices. Incumbent demonstrates strong inter-personal skills and adherence to core values of Company's ethics and code of conduct.
- Knowledge of employment and labor laws would be an advantage.
- Professionalism/ Team Work : Work with a degree of professional independence. Solution oriented approach to more complex matters.
- Highlighting critical matters and to work in consultation with Head-Legal for closure of the same. Work as part of a team of lawyers in India and/or overseas.
- Incumbent should have a commercial mindset to understand the business requirement well.
- Coordination with different business verticals/ departments, support functions, operations team for the purpose of ensuring our representation before quasi-judicial; judicial and regulatory authorities in the manner as directed or required.
- Coordination with different business verticals/ departments, support functions, operations team and site teams for the purpose of replying to claims against the Company.
- Work with Company Secretary in close coordination with legal team to proactively manage Corporate Governance matters, including but not limited to passing/ execution of Board Resolution, Appointment and/or removal and/or resignation of Directors/ additional Directors, updating ROC records, updating Board minutes.
- Work with Company Secretary and external Law Firms in close coordination with legal team to ensure MCA/ ROC filings on time.
Skills & Knowledge :
- A law degree from an accredited university
- 7-8 years post qualification experience in commercial legal practice obtained either in a corporate/ MNC in-house position or in an internationally reputed Law Firm.
- Experience as an in-house counsel with legal department of a reputed multinational corporation, is desirable.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.