VP at Crofarm Agroproducts Pvt. Ltd.
Views:706 Applications:80 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Crofarm Agriproducts - Head - Sourcing/Procurement - IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (8-12 yrs)
Crofarm aims at building a technology-enabled supply chain of fruits and vegetables to serve the small-medium retailer market in Delhi-NCR with a Pan-India sourcing network. Crofarm does more than Rs 2 crore in monthly business in Delhi-NCR with a 1000+ retailer network moving more than 600 tonnes of fresh produce.
Crofarm's management team consists of serial entrepreneurs who are graduates of premier instituations like IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur, IIM Ahmedabad. Crofarm is funded by Pravega Ventures,FactorE Ventures and also has prominent angels as investors like RajanAnandan (MD, Google SE Asia)Jitendra Gupta (MD, PayU India).
- Responsible for planning and execution (through Team) of complete sourcing plan
- Responsible for developing a network of sourcing partners at various crop growing locations
- Design and develop the complete sourcing network, scheduling ops, seasonal availability map, and impact of various factors constraining over all sourcing
- Strategic procurement focused on cost optimization, fill rate of 99.5%+, backward integration to ensure availability of right quality produce throughout the year
- Responsible for credit management with partners
- Responsible for leading a team of more than 50 managers and executives as well as takes ownership of the entire process.
- Build a sustainable talent pipeline in line with workforce planning.
- Foster high potential talent development.
- Manage team performance and motivation in a highly competitive market
Collaboration and Coaching
- Collaborate with other functions to achieve business objectives.
- Train sourcing team on products, trade, processes and supplier management.
- Responsible for providing market feedback to the management and help drive decision making.
- At least 8+ years experience in strategic sourcing / Farmer network development, multi vendor - multi commodity procurement
- Entrepreneurial, Extrovert. Willing to get hands dirty.
- An MBA degree from a Tier1 institute
- Experience new product development is preferred.
- Knowledge of fruits, vegetables is mandatory.